Treerats 17 me 0

caretaker
10 Point

Treerats 17 me 0

Post by caretaker »

Drug out my old Marlin tube feed 22 the other day and went deer scouting. Huffed and puffed up the ridge stopping along the way to check for treerats and deer sign. Saw a couple on the way up but no shot. Got to the upper shack and sat for a while. Things kinda quoted down and then the treerats came. Looked out the side window and there it is 15 yards away on that stump. Take careful aim through an old fixed scope about the same size around as one of those old pencils we used in 1st grade. Now this old scope is faded,shodowed,smoked and allows as little light through it as possible. So I ewagged my shots. 4 misses. Waited a few and another treerat in that tree to the left. On that fork. Try to aim and see fog and smoke through scope. Take best shot. Dayum 4 more misses. I shot at 4 treerats emptying the rifle. Treerats 17 me 0. Mentioned needing a new scope to one of my buddies. He said he had a nice 22 scope he could sell me for $135. Say what ! I only gave $35 for this old 22 at a pawn shop many moons ago. Nope I'll get one of those Wally World $35 specials.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
MUP

Re: Treerats 17 me 0

Post by MUP »

thumbs up I see squrl n dumplin's in yer future! If'n ye can get ye a deecent ryfle that is! .rolling.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

MUP wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:53 am thumbs up I see squrl n dumplin's in yer future! If'n ye can get ye a deecent ryfle that is! .rolling.

Mup, tha ryful be fine ok shootin irun it be tha skope that be falty

M.T. Pockets
ImThere
10 Point

Post by ImThere »

I’d take the dang scope of and use open sights! If it’s that bad!
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

ImThere wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:19 pm I’d take the dang scope of and use open sights! If it’s that bad!

Twoud but I gotta have sumptin ta blame my bad shootin on

M.T. Pockets