I THINK I KNOW WHERE HE OR SHE LIVES

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Turbo6.7
8 Point

I THINK I KNOW WHERE HE OR SHE LIVES

Post by Turbo6.7 »

How would you guys handle this? I have a piece of property that I have all right to. I have had someone coming on said property for a couple years by foot and 2 cameras stolen. I went and made a hunt last of season, after the hunt I walked around the property. I found a set of climbing sticks and a lock-on facing onto my property and a corn feeder within 20 yards and a camera that had been put up 50 yards from my stand on adjoining property which I know the owner and he has not given anyone rights to hunt it. I know where this person is coming in from, said person is the one building a new house I think within 100 yards of my property. I wrote him a note, put it in a Ziploc bag and ask him to call me so we could talk. I have not heard anything yet nor do I know at this point if said person has even saw the note yet. I thinking about going over to this house being built to catch owner there and see if it is him and talk then. He could be shooting in the direction of 2 of my 4 stands I have placed on property, I have hunted this property for 5+ years. Any advise?
ASSURANCE OF VICTORY
1 CORINTHIANS 10:13

ASSURANC OF FORGIVENESS
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
NIV 1 John 1:9
Turbo6.7
8 Point

Re: I THINK I KNOW WHERE HE OR SHE LIVES

Post by Turbo6.7 »

14 views, no reply's????
ASSURANCE OF VICTORY

ASSURANC OF FORGIVENESS
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Are any of the stands or feeders actually on you. If they are on you I’d take them down and see what happens. If they’re on property you have permission to hunt but don’t actually own I’d talk with the owner and see what they will allow you to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

If they’re on the neighbor regardless of their intent there’s not much you can do until you catch them across the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turbo6.7
8 Point

Post by Turbo6.7 »

He is 20 yards outside of the land I have permission to hunt, but I do personally know the owner he is on and he is trespassing. I talked to the owner of the property he is on. Thanks for the in put.
Donald
ASSURANCE OF VICTORY

ASSURANC OF FORGIVENESS
owlcreek
10 Point

Post by owlcreek »

Seeing you dont own the land just have permission you'll have to get to property owner to push the trespass issue.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

owlcreek wrote:Seeing you dont own the land just have permission you'll have to get to property owner to push the trespass issue.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
X2! There's not a whole lot you can do unfortunately without the owner.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Depends on how well you know the property owner and if he will back you 100%. My brother and I hunted my uncles property for several years before my brother passed away. We found several lock-ons, climbing sticks and even climbing stands over the years. We just removed them and carried them out. We left a note with an address and message stating the hours that the stands could be retrieved. Not one stand was ever inquired about. We did not leave a number thus a cuss fight was advoided. We wanted face to face.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
MUP

Post by MUP »

Buddy I've dealt with about all of this kind of stuff, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, you don't own this land that you have all right to? The options best I can see are 1. Get the adjoining landowner to prosecute for trespassing, and get TWRA involved for other hunting violations such as baiting, no permission. 2. As you have already said, attempt to talk to them. In my experience this has never worked, as they know what they're doing is wrong or illegal and it falls on deaf ears. 3. Again, call the GW and take him to the area and show him the bait pile. He'll likely want to set up a camera of his own, and he's not limited to staying on either property, and he'll set it up on the side where they have stands and catch them red handed . Other than that you'd have to give up and not hunt there for safety's sake I believe.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

But they're likely done for the season since deer season is closed now. The GW would like to catch them hunting out of season too tho, so that may be a possibility.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

Seems to me you are doing what I would call the right thing to do , trying to talk with him if that don't work then you will have to get the landowner to help you out since they don't have permission to hunt .