6.5 Creedmoor results

Place to share - learn - ask information about reloading
MUP

6.5 Creedmoor results

Post by MUP »

Been shooting my Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor lately. Have been shooting groups in .3 and .4 MOA and dipped down to .295 MOA at 600 yards this past weekend even. Hoping to be good enough to keep from placing last at this coming weekends competition at Dead Zero Shooting Range. Still don't have good enough service to post pics from home, but I'll try.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Smokyrider
10 Point

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor results

Post by Smokyrider »

Nice, you loading your own?

Good luck in the competition.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Sorry for not checking back in Smoky. Yes I'm loading my own. I started with 140 gr Hornady ELD-Ms and had good accuracy with them but the wind moved them around at distance so I switched to the Hornady 153 gr ATips over StaBall 6.5. Got good accuracy there as well but really had a boost in velocity from using that powder, about 200 fps more and with the heavier bullet, over using superformance with the 140s.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

I bought some superformance for my creedmoor and plan on using 147 eldm with it, will start loading for it in about a month. I'm currently loading H1000/147 eldm for my 6.5 PRC for my elk hunt at the end of the month.

153 is pretty heavy for the creedmoor, good thing the staball is giving you some extra fps.
MUP

Post by MUP »

You should find a good accurate load for those 147s with SF. I watched Ultimate Reloader videos of his testing for StaBall and the 153 gr ATips and he shot one ragged hole with 5 shots and didn't even develop the load, just loaded up to just over max and had that good of a result. No seating depth testing even, just .020 off the lands to start. So I tried it and had almost identical results.
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

I bought one for the novelty of it. I'm not much of a small caliber guy. Haven't started on a load yet. I believe I'll wait til after season.
Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.
MUP

Post by MUP »

scat wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:38 am I bought one for the novelty of it. I'm not much of a small caliber guy. Haven't started on a load yet. I believe I'll wait til after season.
They really are the real deal for shooting long range with very low recoil IMO. I've been meaning to buy a manbun and mount it over my bald spot, just to fit in more. :mrgreen:
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

I snagged 100 pcs of nosler brass and a couple hundred 140 match the other day. Never know, I might take a liking to it and get a barrel for my bench gun that's collecting dust.
Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.
MUP

Post by MUP »

It's fun to shoot for sure. I had a load with the 140's that I shot a couple of shots out to 1000 initially and had a 2.2" group of 2 shots. :D I didn't have any more tho to try to keep it going, and haven't shot that load since.
MUP

Post by MUP »

I got out to try and load up some rounds for the Creedmoor and had to look at my log book to remember what my recipes were, and realized that I suck at writing down detailed info! Arrrgghhh!!😖 I'll have to do some more testing now to try and find where I was at when I stopped shooting a few months ago. Lesson learned.