Went Yondering

caretaker
10 Point

Went Yondering

Post by caretaker »

A few months ago I bought an old Lowes 17ft aluminum boat off of Scat. Thanks Scat, that boat is what I was looking for. Mike243 and I took it over to Big Ridge early one morning. The fog was like a curtain. Couldn't see the bow of boat from the console but we were determined. We kinda worked our way over to the main channel and decided we needed coffee and live bait. So we decided to go to Hickory Star. Don't have a clue where we turned around at but we missed Hickory Star by a half tank of fuel. We used my phones GPS maps to get back . By the time we got back the sun had burned off most of the fog. We fished until supper time and learned about the boat and the trolling motor didn't catch much but had an enjoyable trip.

[attachment=0]IMG_20210526_104035.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_20210526_104035.jpg
IMG_20210526_104035.jpg (444.58 KiB) Viewed 487 times
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Re: Went Yondering

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Thats a good looking rig. That fog can sure get thick out there on the water for sure.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Thanks WG. It's not new but it serves my purposes. It doesn't leak, the motor and trolling motor work good. It's fairly comfortable and I ain't scared of tearing up a new boat.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
sharpshooter
6 Point

Post by sharpshooter »

I went "yondering" in the fog duck hunting one morning about 2 hours before dawn. I was idling along till I saw land and knew I was no where near the spot I was headed to. I decided to just tie the boat to a tree and take a nap in the bottom of the boat till daylight. That fog will make me loose my sense of direction everytime on the water.