I need some help.

akachuck
8 Point

I need some help.

Post by akachuck »

I need some help on my ML. I don’t know a lot about them and how to work on them, but I’d like a little project to keep me busy. I’d like to change the bolt, barrel, put a scope rail/scope on it and all that. But I have no clue how to do it, or how much would it cost me. Where do I start for parts?

It’s my knight in line. I got it for free and have only kill 1 doe with it.
Jesus turned water into wine, I turned it into liquor.- popcorn Sutton
MUP

Re: I need some help.

Post by MUP »

If you go as far as replace the barrel on a ML, you've pretty much just bought an all new one. :D
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

You've lost me???? Why are you messing with a Knight? Why change the bolt? Putting a scope on is easy. Beyond that, you would be better off building a smokeless of some type and I don't know of anybody doing that with a knight.
akachuck
8 Point

Post by akachuck »

Huntaholic wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:35 pm You've lost me???? Why are you messing with a Knight? Why change the bolt? Putting a scope on is easy. Beyond that, you would be better off building a smokeless of some type and I don't know of anybody doing that with a knight.
I need a project, and Something to be proud of and say I built that kinda thing
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

akachuck wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:17 pm
Huntaholic wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:35 pm You've lost me???? Why are you messing with a Knight? Why change the bolt? Putting a scope on is easy. Beyond that, you would be better off building a smokeless of some type and I don't know of anybody doing that with a knight.
Ok, buy you a CVA or NEF single shot 45/70 or a Remington model 700 MZ and convert it to smokeless.
akachuck
8 Point

Post by akachuck »

Huntaholic wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:35 pm
akachuck wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:17 pm
Ok, buy you a CVA or NEF single shot 45/70 or a Remington model 700 MZ and convert it to smokeless.
How do I do that lol
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

LOL that's part of the job! Finding someone in TN that will do the gunsmithing part for you! Im sure if you dedicate yourself to it, you can do it. Hint: look on tndeer for the guy that does them in TN. OR, get in touch with Luke at arrowhead sports and go from there.
Tngrizzly_

Post by Tngrizzly_ »

Finding CVA or new England rifle will be the hard part.
I plan on doing this in a few years.
GOD, Family, and the Great Outdoors. What more can a Man Want