Learned something new....trailer towing

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Jethro
10 Point

Learned something new....trailer towing

Post by Jethro »

Guess Im the last to figure this out but...if pulling a trailer with a modern vehicle, with all that safety sense stuff...turn it off beforehand. Stupid jeep just locked me down in the middle of the road. I was going to back in. It must have thought I was going to run over the trailer...and locked everything down.

Note...I didnt have the trailer lights plugged in, so dont know if that overrides the system or not.

Always learning... ๐Ÿ˜‚
MUP

Re: Learned something new....trailer towing

Post by MUP »

Lifestyles of the rich and infamous! Never heered of sech things! ๐Ÿ˜†
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

That's a new one on me too! So it'll just lockup and stop if it thinks its going to hit something?
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
HDuke1986
Button

Post by HDuke1986 »

Automatic braking?
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

WG Taxidermist wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:45 am That's a new one on me too! So it'll just lockup and stop if it thinks its going to hit something?
Correct. The other day I turned it off while pulling boat...except for the alarm, cant turn it off. But you can turn off the auto braking. My wife had turned it back on... unbeknownst to me. I was sideways in road. As soon as I put in reverse...it sensed the trailer there, and locked the brakes down. I was stuck. Had to get into the safety settings, and turn everything back off...uggg
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

MUP wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:42 am Lifestyles of the rich and infamous! Never heered of sech things! ๐Ÿ˜†
Sure is , when you have old stuff like me you don't have all those fancy gadgets.
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

Jethro wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:00 pm
WG Taxidermist wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:45 am That's a new one on me too! So it'll just lockup and stop if it thinks its going to hit something?
Correct. The other day I turned it off while pulling boat...except for the alarm, cant turn it off. But you can turn off the auto braking. My wife had turned it back on... unbeknownst to me. I was sideways in road. As soon as I put in reverse...it sensed the trailer there, and locked the brakes down. I was stuck. Had to get into the safety settings, and turn everything back off...uggg
Maybe anti - Jeff stuff she's had installed ๐Ÿ˜‰
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

snakester50 wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:07 pm
Jethro wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:00 pm
Maybe anti - Jeff stuff she's had installed ๐Ÿ˜‰
Ding ding ding ding....we have a winner.. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Truth be told....its her car...and she deserves it. She works hard and puts up with a bunch of crap.
My wife is anemic...shes always cold. On the cold mornings, she can just push a button on the fob (from inside house), and its starts, heats to her temp settings, heated seat and steering wheel. She loves it.... and Im happy for her.
Tngrizzly_

Post by Tngrizzly_ »

Yeah I never even heard of it but it doesn't even surprise me anymore.
GOD, Family, and the Great Outdoors. What more can a Man Want
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

I can't say for sure but I think it re enables after the car is turned off an restarted.
Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

This thing has done several weird (to me) things. The other day, I was backing up to the boat. This was the first time I had backed to a trailer in this vehicle. I wasnt sure of the cameras perspective to the trailer, so I would get out and look...didnt want to hit the tongue on her new car. Once I got close to it, the alarm was going off (I turned off the auto braking), and when I would put in park to get out, it would lock the E-brake on. Guess it didnt want to roll into it. Also, at the boat ramp...alarm going off, and whenever I had to get out (to check things out) it would lock things down. Guess it sensed it was on a hill...and didn't want to go swimming... ๐Ÿ˜‚
Whenever I would go from D to R, it would flash warnings on screen that it wasn't in gear. As I said, guess it realized it was on a hill.
And for those wondering why I was pulling up and back...and getting out so much on the ramp....This was first time I launched boat with this vehicle. I was trying to see weather or not I would end up wading to get it off and back on the trailer.
And yes, I ended up getting in the water to get back on trailer.
My ball mount is a 2" lift...for my S10. It was way to high on the Jeep. Ive since flipped it over...2" drop now.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

scat wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:33 pm I can't say for sure but I think it re enables after the car is turned off an restarted.
When it locked down, I just had to go into settings and turn off the auto braking. I didnt know she turned it back on. It just caught me off guard. I swung out to setup my back, when I placed in reverse, it just locked down. Only took a few seconds to turn off, but I wasn't expecting it.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Ok so I'm going to ask. What kind of vehicle is it that has all these fancy Jeff Proof accessories?
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

'19 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk elite
Planking
6 Point

Post by Planking »

I dated a girl that had the auto windshield wipers that turned on when it rained. Everytime she hit a bug it would smear it all over the windshield. Lol