I was in the first grade.....

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Wiley
10 Point

I was in the first grade.....

Post by Wiley »

Today, in 1963, I was in Miss Ryan's class in the first grade. At some point I/we in the class heard crying and carrying on in the hallway outside the classroom and didn't know what to think. Eventually Miss Ryan came in and told/ explained to us that President John F. Kennedy had been shot and killed. I remember the sadness, the looks on the faces of the adults, most everything my Daddy had to say about it that evening and the overall concern that I saw in the faces of the adults that I was around. Even at 6 years old I knew this was something overwhelmingly terrible that had happened without understanding or even knowing anything about the politics of it.

Looking back now, after all these years I feel certain that JFK was the last Democrat that had the best interest of the common man in mind. I don't know who shot him nor how many there were but I am convinced that he was seen as a threat to the 'big picture' and had to be eliminated. And now, here we are witnessing out of control policies that are intentionally destroying what he stood for back then. The party of JFK died with him.

And, to this day, I still believe Miss Ryan was centerfold material :F
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
MUP

Re: I was in the first grade.....

Post by MUP »

.rolling. only one teacher I ever had that was a knockout, and that was my junior English teacher, I sat front row in that class only. :F

Oh, and I doubt there would be near the sadness today if something like that were to happen. :?
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

I was 2 the day he was killed, I have thought of him every birthday for a lot of years
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Yall old!! Lol! I wasn't even born yet. I agree that he was took out for that reason though. I also believe there were multiple shooters.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
hillbillyfab
Button

Post by hillbillyfab »

My mom meet JFK the day he was shot. He visited her school and her classroom. She didn't know till later that day when she got home from school, until her mom told her the man she'd meet earlier had been assassinated. She was in the first or second grade.
Rob R.
8 Point

Post by Rob R. »

I was 3. I don’t remember it.
"Take me hunting daddy!"