Resizing, tumbling and priming

Place to share - learn - ask information about reloading
Wiley
10 Point

Resizing, tumbling and priming

Post by Wiley »

Brass prep. I don't mind it once I get started. I resized a few pieces of .223 and put them in the tumbler with stainless pins and a few pieces of .308 brass. Gonna prime the .223 when it's done and be ready to load some rounds for testing.

Gotta find me a .223 bolt action soon so I can really dial a load in other than shooting through an AR. Hoping to find a CZ 527 carbine in .223. If anybody sees one for sale, give me a holler. They're like hens teeth right now. Aside from that I need a cheap varmint rifle in 223 that I can shoot pond varmints up to 200 yards and coyotes out to 400 yards.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
MUP

Re: Resizing, tumbling and priming

Post by MUP »

Where are you located buddy?
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Wiley wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:31 pm Brass prep. I don't mind it once I get started. I resized a few pieces of .223 and put them in the tumbler with stainless pins and a few pieces of .308 brass. Gonna prime the .223 when it's done and be ready to load some rounds for testing.

Gotta find me a .223 bolt action soon so I can really dial a load in other than shooting through an AR. Hoping to find a CZ 527 carbine in .223. If anybody sees one for sale, give me a holler. They're like hens teeth right now. Aside from that I need a cheap varmint rifle in 223 that I can shoot pond varmints up to 200 yards and coyotes out to 400 yards.
There’s a vtr in smithville on gunowners
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

JCodd wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:17 pm
Wiley wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:31 pm Brass prep. I don't mind it once I get started. I resized a few pieces of .223 and put them in the tumbler with stainless pins and a few pieces of .308 brass. Gonna prime the .223 when it's done and be ready to load some rounds for testing.

There’s a vtr in smithville on gunowners
Thanks, Jason. I may have a line on something :)
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.