New Cameras

WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

New Cameras

Post by WG Taxidermist »

My Moultrie camera has been giving me nothing but trouble so when I seen these Spypoints at Academy last night I figured it was time for an upgrade. I got them put out today so we will see how they do.
Screenshot_20220219-184715_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220219-184715_Chrome.jpg (88.44 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
JCodd
10 Point

Re: New Cameras

Post by JCodd »

Good luck. I got the 2 pack last fall. One has been pretty flawless. The other I had to get replaced
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

JCodd wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:15 pm Good luck. I got the 2 pack last fall. One has been pretty flawless. The other I had to get replaced
What was wrong with it?
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:31 pm
JCodd wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:15 pm Good luck. I got the 2 pack last fall. One has been pretty flawless. The other I had to get replaced
What was wrong with it?
Never would connect. I could get it connected at home and drive 40 minutes to my hunting grounds and it would lose connection. Worked great for about 2 months and quit one day.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Both of mine connected right away so maybe mine are good.

Theodore Roosevelt
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:59 pm Both of mine connected right away so maybe mine are good.
Both of mine initially connected. The one that I had replaced worked for 2 months. I thought the batteries had died so I replaced them in the middle of the season lol. Finally I looked on the app and seen that the service bars were down to nothing. Brought it home and it sent a ton of pictures. Took it back and it quit working. Brought home and bam, pictures were sent. Now I would have thought I had no service, but my other 4 camera all within 100 yards were working fine. When they work, they’re great. When they don’t, they’ll make you pull your hair out!
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

My next cameras will be cell cams but I have ZERO experience with them at the current time.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Huntaholic wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:43 pm My next cameras will be cell cams but I have ZERO experience with them at the current time.
I thought I wouldn't like them but I've just about replaced all my regular cameras with cell cameras.

Theodore Roosevelt
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Huntaholic wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:43 pm My next cameras will be cell cams but I have ZERO experience with them at the current time.
No need in jokers stealing cards if you share the login info lol
Planking
6 Point

Post by Planking »

Awesome! Ive made the switch as well. I bought a two pack of tactacams to try out. I will probably get them going this weekend.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Planking wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:22 pm Awesome! Ive made the switch as well. I bought a two pack of tactacams to try out. I will probably get them going this weekend.
Cool! I saw those too but went with the Spypoint. You'll have to keep us posted on how they do.

Theodore Roosevelt
ibhuntng
Spike

Post by ibhuntng »

ive got moultrie, snyper, tactacam and stealth cam. i like the stealth cam the best. it takes really clear pictures and sends them quick.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

ibhuntng wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:10 pm ive got moultrie, snyper, tactacam and stealth cam. i like the stealth cam the best. it takes really clear pictures and sends them quick.
I loved my Moultrie when I first got it. Everything worked like it was suppose too but after about 3 months it started giving me nothing but trouble.

Theodore Roosevelt
ibhuntng
Spike

Post by ibhuntng »

ive got one that is giving me trouble.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Tactacam Reveal X cellular trail Camera is the hot cell cam right now. They are $119.00 @ Walmart, Bass Pro, Academy Sports, etc.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

Going to have to get/invest in some newer cams.
Greet the day, make him gobble!!
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Swamper wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:59 am Going to have to get/invest in some newer cams.
So far I'm very pleased with the Spypoint. You don't even have to pay for a plan to use them as long as you stay under 250 pictures a month.

Theodore Roosevelt
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:59 pm
Swamper wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:59 am Going to have to get/invest in some newer cams.
So far I'm very pleased with the Spypoint. You don't even have to pay for a plan to use them as long as you stay under 250 pictures a month.
Hummmm!!!
Greet the day, make him gobble!!
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

I am looking at spypoint. Just not pulled the trigger yet. Some guys at work have several. Most of their problems come from the ones that have the solar batteries. They leak around the top
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Longrange wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:14 pm I am looking at spypoint. Just not pulled the trigger yet. Some guys at work have several. Most of their problems come from the ones that have the solar batteries. They leak around the top
I'm still very pleased with mine. Getting pictures most everyday.

Theodore Roosevelt
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:45 pm
Longrange wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:14 pm I am looking at spypoint. Just not pulled the trigger yet. Some guys at work have several. Most of their problems come from the ones that have the solar batteries. They leak around the top
I'm still very pleased with mine. Getting pictures most everyday.
I think they are like everything else. Some are good and some are bad.