Zeiss scopes

Scopes, Binoculars, Cameras
Creeping Death

Re: Zeiss scopes

Post by Creeping Death »

I have a Zeiss Conquest MC 3-9x40 variable and a Zeiss Conquest MC 4x32 fixed. They are great. I love the Zeiss duplex reticle.

I'm planning to sell some stuff this year and get a Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-15x42 or 3-15x50. The reviews on the Conquest HD5 scopes are very good. They are over $1000 new, but you can get into a demo or open box unit for $700 - $800 from Doug at cameralandny.com with no sales tax and free shipping.

I am also thinking about taking the plunge on a set of Conquest HD 8x32 binos if I can scratch up the cash. They run $900 new, but cameralandny.com sells demo units for $675 with no sales tax and free shipping.
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Man I would love to have the 3x15 I am sure it is an awesome scope. I bought a Minox 3x15x42 and it has been a big disappointment.
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

Love my Zeiss
Like my Minox too....
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
280longshot
6 Point

Post by 280longshot »

I thought that I had the best scope that I could afford when I bought my Leupold until I tried a Zeiss.
I still can't convince some of my buddies how much clearer they are compared to their Leupolds
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

Couple years ago I bought a Nikon Monarch for my .308 but the reticle was too thin and reflected light under certain conditions making the reticle look gold. Since I had not mounted it I sent it back for a Sightron II Big Sky and it is pretty good.
But a week after I got the the Sightron the Ziess Conquest had a hundred rebate for it, I could have gotten into a Ziess for what I paid for the Sightron. Still kicking myself that I missed getting a Ziess, get a Ziess if you get a chance.
Creeping Death

Post by Creeping Death »

Smokyrider wrote:Couple years ago I bought a Nikon Monarch for my .308 but the reticle was too thin and reflected light under certain conditions making the reticle look gold. Since I had not mounted it I sent it back for a Sightron II Big Sky and it is pretty good.
But a week after I got the the Sightron the Ziess Conquest had a hundred rebate for it, I could have gotten into a Ziess for what I paid for the Sightron. Still kicking myself that I missed getting a Ziess, get a Ziess if you get a chance.
I have an SII Big Sky. I think you are the only one I've run across that also has one. I think it's an excellent scope. Honestly, I would put it in the same category as my Zeiss Conquest in terms of performance.
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

Creeping Death wrote:
Smokyrider wrote:Couple years ago I bought a Nikon Monarch for my .308 but the reticle was too thin and reflected light under certain conditions making the reticle look gold. Since I had not mounted it I sent it back for a Sightron II Big Sky and it is pretty good.
I have an SII Big Sky. I think you are the only one I've run across that also has one. I think it's an excellent scope. Honestly, I would put it in the same category as my Zeiss Conquest in terms of performance.
Good to know, I'm happy with it but I liked the rapid-z 600 reticle and it is my understanding that the thickness of Ziess reticles is good in low light situations.
Roost1
Button

Post by Roost1 »

Ziess for me although I still like Leupold....
Creeping Death

Post by Creeping Death »

Smokyrider wrote:
Creeping Death wrote:
Good to know, I'm happy with it but I liked the rapid-z 600 reticle and it is my understanding that the thickness of Ziess reticles is good in low light situations.
I just did a basic side-by-side comparison of my 3-9x40 Zeiss Conquest and my 3-9x42 Sightron SII Big Sky. Both have standard plex reticles. The crosshairs are very similar in thickness. They are so close I can't tell which one is thicker. Honestly, looking at them side-by-side in mid-day I think I actually prefer the SII Big Sky just slightly. I should do a side-by-side after sundown to see how they compare under low light conditions.
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

Creeping Death wrote: I just did a basic side-by-side comparison of my 3-9x40 Zeiss Conquest and my 3-9x42 Sightron SII Big Sky. Both have standard plex reticles. The crosshairs are very similar in thickness. They are so close I can't tell which one is thicker. Honestly, looking at them side-by-side in mid-day I think I actually prefer the SII Big Sky just slightly. I should do a side-by-side after sundown to see how they compare under low light conditions.
I have the 3-12X42 mil-dot Big Sky, so I can see the dots in low light but I liked the rapid-z 600 and figured it would be better. If they are comparable, then I will be completely content with my purchase. So the Big Sky if you want something good for a little less but the Ziess if you can afford it and don't look back.
Still interested in your low light comparison as that is the time you are most likely to see deer.
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

I have a Nikon monarch 2.5x10x44 that I really liked until I started looking at a deer on evening just before dark it was awful. I couldn't see anything! I went back the next evening with a different rifle which had a Zeiss 3x9x40. I looked at the same area at the same time as the night before. There was no comparison between the 2 scopes. That's part of what sold me on Zeiss.
Tru-Talker
6 Point

Post by Tru-Talker »

My favorite is my Schmidt & Bender 2.5x10x56.... I've got a Zeiss Diavari and a Conquest.. Can't tell a whole lotta difference between the Conquest and Diavari....But the Schmidt blows em all away...... It's my go to evening hunt gun.....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves....
gatodoc
Button

Post by gatodoc »

Just got a Zeiss 5X25 50mm on sale at Cabelas in Ft. Oglethorpe. Love it.....