Got me a new deer gun....

Jethro
10 Point

Got me a new deer gun....

Post by Jethro »

Picked up this one today. It was a package deal with the vortex ive got in classifieds. I put my nikon monarch on it.
It is a Savage 110 Apex hunter xp. I was uncertain when I ordered it as to the action length, but am thrilled to see that its built on the long action. Going to make for some loooong bullets.
IMG_20220406_121033__01.jpg
Sackett
8 Point

Re: Got me a new deer gun....

Post by Sackett »

😎
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
MUP

Post by MUP »

What caliber? 😁
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

MUP wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:57 pmWhat caliber? 😁
6.5x284 Norma
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

Nice!
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

Sweet!
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

I killed my first deer in Nov 1983 with my first deer rifle. It was a Revelation/Savage model 110 in .243 with a 3x9 Bushnell scope. The man that owned the local Western Auto set it up for me, scope, rings etc and even sighted it in for me. He was like family to me growing up. My oldest son killed his first deer with it too. I hope someday to have grandkids that will use it also. Great shooting guns!
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Sackett wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:22 am I killed my first deer in Nov 1983 with my first deer rifle. It was a Revelation/Savage model 110 in .243 with a 3x9 Bushnell scope. The man that owned the local Western Auto set it up for me, scope, rings etc and even sighted it in for me. He was like family to me growing up. My oldest son killed his first deer with it too. I hope someday to have grandkids that will use it also. Great shooting guns!
Ive had a lot of rifles from a bunch of different manufacturers. Ive never had a Savage that wasnt a shooter. They aint the purtiest rifles out there, but they are usually accurate.