Time to slllooowwwwww down!

Who's getting after them?
Huntaholic
10 Point

Time to slllooowwwwww down!

Post by Huntaholic »

With 2 birds down and over a month of season left, its time to slow down! Its time to pick out a hard one and try to match wits with him I think.
Sackett
8 Point

Re: Time to slllooowwwwww down!

Post by Sackett »

Pick one out and shoot it!
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Sackett wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:56 pm Pick one out and shoot it!
I HAVE BEEN!
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Pick another 1 lol
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Sackett wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:59 pm Pick another 1 lol
Only if you come put a tag on its leg for me! two thumbs I MAY hold out and go to Catoosa. Ive really missed matching wits with those birds that GOD put there. Its just different hunting birds that have NEVER been touched by the hand of man.
brad_23
Button

Post by brad_23 »

Took vacation next week in hopes to catch my 3rd.. I’m ready to do a little fishing
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

brad_23 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:16 pm Took vacation next week in hopes to catch my 3rd.. I’m ready to do a little fishing
Dryland or wet water? I found 6 of the dryland variety today. Im probably gonna go check my honeyhole spot tomorrow. Brandon found a mess today there, but he didn't get up into my spot.
brad_23
Button

Post by brad_23 »

Some of that water fishing mainly and will do some of that dry land fishing.. I remember a spot down in the holler on the left hand side I found hundreds of the little gray ones one time..
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

brad_23 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:33 pm Some of that water fishing mainly and will do some of that dry land fishing.. I remember a spot down in the holler on the left hand side I found hundreds of the little gray ones one time..
Ive killed more turkeys on the left side than I have the right, but Ive found WAY more fish on the right than I have on the left! Theres a place on the left side that I think Ive only hiked into ONCE that I didn't kill a turkey, but its a hike to get in there! Go to the gap, hang a left at the salt lick/treestand, go around the cedar knob until it opens back up into hardwoods at the old slave cemetery, then start calling and listening. Im most likely going to go up on the right side sometime tomorrow and look for shrooms, not sure where Im going to look for a gobbler first though. What about you?
brad_23
Button

Post by brad_23 »

I’ve not been down there either in 20 years.. never did kill a bird on the right side.. prolly will never step foot on that place again..this morning was first morning I’ve not been and wish I had of.. seems like everyone I know that went killed one.. reckon I will be hunting them city limit birds in the morning.. guy I work with wants me to go call for him.. so we shall see.. Ive been with him a few times but just can’t make it happen.. Scott killed one there a few years ago.. and going by where he said he killed it I’ve seen birds rooster there one time and called it up for him and missed it..
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

brad_23 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:19 pm I’ve not been down there either in 20 years.. never did kill a bird on the right side.. prolly will never step foot on that place again..this morning was first morning I’ve not been and wish I had of.. seems like everyone I know that went killed one.. reckon I will be hunting them city limit birds in the morning.. guy I work with wants me to go call for him.. so we shall see.. Ive been with him a few times but just can’t make it happen.. Scott killed one there a few years ago.. and going by where he said he killed it I’ve seen birds rooster there one time and called it up for him and missed it..
I MAY go down there early and head up the hill anyway. I don't really care if I kill one or not. Ive half way got it in my head to hunt Catoosa again this weekend. First time since they made it so you could kill a limit without a WMA bird.
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

Slow THE rolls!!! Hummm!! Lol
Greet the day, make him gobble!!