Turkey hunting question..

Who's getting after them?
Jethro
10 Point

Turkey hunting question..

Post by Jethro »

Im planning to go out for a few hours in the morning. Its supposed to be snowing. Ive never hunted them in that type of weather. Anything different I need to do? Will they behave differently?
Thanks

Oh, and Ill probably be in my blind...unless I see an opportunity to stalk one.
brad_23
Button

Re: Turkey hunting question..

Post by brad_23 »

I’m new to turkey hunting :D but one thing I’ve learn is a Turkey is predictable of being unpredictable.. I hunt them the exact same way no matter what the weather is.. I’ve seen them not gobble on the most beautiful mornings and then gobble on some of the nastiest mornings. I’ve killed birds come into the call in all types of weather.. a man never really knows unless he goes ..
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Just hunt, the temp won't effect them much. It can be windy on warm days and cold days.
I went this morning and it snowed some, still called in 3 Jake's and a longbeard. Longbeard hung up just a pinch to far for my buddy to shoot.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

Cold won’t won’t make tooo much difference. Wind is the big factor on the gobbling!!
Greet the day, make him gobble!!
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Ive killed them in blizzards before, it wont change much. I heard at least 2 this morning while I was working on the porch in fact.