Gonna pull on Ol' Blue today

Place to share - learn - ask information about reloading
Wiley
10 Point

Gonna pull on Ol' Blue today

Post by Wiley »

I had almost sworn off Varget but I reckon I'm gonna load some .223 with it and some 69gr SMK projectiles sometime today. I'm certain that my rifle and the one that I gave my son for his birthday are each capable of one hole groups at 100 yards. Y'all have seen a group that is very near that already but that was with WC844 powder. I'm gonna chase one hole groups with these 2 rifles till I get 'em or get too frustrated to even think about brass, powder and bullets :D

No plans to shoot today. Don't want to have to thaw the ice in the lock to enter my property .laugh.
May be able to shoot tomorrow.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
MUP

Re: Gonna pull on Ol' Blue today

Post by MUP »

I was just thinking about getting out to shoot, then a gust of wind came thru that would have bent my barrel 😲 guess I'm going to wait now.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

I got around to getting 60 rounds loaded with 25gr of Varget, half at book length and half at .010 off the lands of each rifle. One evening this week we shall see the results. And I used CCI BR4 primers to see if that's a game changer for me. This is the first Varget that I've loaded in anything in about 3 years. I had enough .308 hunting rounds loaded with Varget on hand that I haven't needed to load but tried IMR4895 last Fall and that's my go-to for .308 now.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Worked on a ladder today for the 6.5x284. Started with 51.5g of RL26 and went up to 55g. Im loading a 130g Accubond. Ill try to shoot them tomorrow, and see how it goes.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Today should be a good day to shoot, I'm hoping anyway. Hope to take the CZ out and try out some Lapua ammo with it.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.