My Uncle Tom

Who's getting after them?
Swamper
8 Point

My Uncle Tom

Post by Swamper »

This is when I took my Uncle Tom turkey hunting back in 2005. This was his first and as far as I know only turkey. RIP Uncle Tom
This is when I took my Uncle Tom turkey hunting back in 2005. This was his first and as far as I know only turkey. RIP Uncle Tom
B063EEF9-DA1F-45D2-BF04-5C63D0E9E5C9.jpeg (371.71 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
Greet the day, make him gobble!!
bullet
Spike

Re: My Uncle Tom

Post by bullet »

Cool picture and memory!
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Old school. I like it.
You ain’t changed much.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Good pic! Its also a good thing you really have an uncle Tom, otherwise we would be banned from society for saying those words!
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

Yes sir Long Range, I old school. Still wearing that camo! But with Few less hairs, but gray and more lbs. !! Lol. Hunt I thought about that after I read it. Lol Uncle Tom was a professor of Political Science at MTSU for 30+ years. He was a avid duck hunter and an even more avid fisherman! Good memories!!! He will be missed!!
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Huntaholic wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:57 am Good pic! Its also a good thing you really have an uncle Tom, otherwise we would be banned from society for saying those words!
That is very true!

Jimmy, great pic and memory. The older you get the more the memories mean.
"Precious memories..... how they linger.... how they ever flood my soul!"
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

That is FOR SURE!!! Sackett
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Sackett wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:03 am
Huntaholic wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:57 am Good pic! Its also a good thing you really have an uncle Tom, otherwise we would be banned from society for saying those words!
That is very true!

Jimmy, great pic and memory. The older you get the more the memories mean.
"Precious memories..... how they linger.... how they ever flood my soul!"
Jimmy cant remember what he had for lunch today! .rolling. Love ya Brother! Glad youre still here! Who else would I travel all over the continent with if I didn't have you!?
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Swamper wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:14 pm Yes sir Long Range, I old school. Still wearing that camo! But with Few less hairs, but gray and more lbs. !! Lol. Hunt I thought about that after I read it. Lol Uncle Tom was a professor of Political Science at MTSU for 30+ years. He was a avid duck hunter and an even more avid fisherman! Good memories!!! He will be missed!!
“Still wearing that camo” -
“Deets ain’t one to quit on a garment just cause it’s got a little age”
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Swamper wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:14 pm Yes sir Long Range, I old school. Still wearing that camo! But with Few less hairs, but gray and more lbs. !! Lol. Hunt I thought about that after I read it. Lol Uncle Tom was a professor of Political Science at MTSU for 30+ years. He was a avid duck hunter and an even more avid fisherman! Good memories!!! He will be missed!!
When did he retire? I didn’t take political science but I wonder if he was there when I played ball? I was there 93-96.
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

.rolling. Hunt. I hope i’m around in 10 years, when you will be as old as I am now, to see what you can remember!! Love ya too Brother!!
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

Longrange wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:20 pm
When did he retire? I didn’t take political science but I wonder if he was there when I played ball? I was there 93-96.
I’m pretty sure he was there in 93-96. I will find out for sure.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Swamper wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:47 am .rolling. Hunt. I hope i’m around in 10 years, when you will be as old as I am now, to see what you can remember!! Love ya too Brother!!
I aint much better than you are Jimmy and I don't have the twilight years to blame it on. I Just cant remember shit! Ive said lots of times that its a good thing hunting is an INSTINCT, otherwise Id be screwed! After calling in birds for people through the years, lots of times afterwards they will ask me WHY I chose to do this, do that, set up here, call there, etc.... and most of the time I cant answer them! Its kinda like a positrack in a 67 Plymouth, who knows why it works, it just does!
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

Huntaholic wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:33 pm
Swamper wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:47 am .rolling. Hunt. I hope i’m around in 10 years, when you will be as old as I am now, to see what you can remember!! Love ya too Brother!!
I aint much better than you are Jimmy and I don't have the twilight years to blame it on. I Just cant remember shit! Ive said lots of times that its a good thing hunting is an INSTINCT, otherwise Id be screwed! After calling in birds for people through the years, lots of times afterwards they will ask me WHY I chose to do this, do that, set up here, call there, etc.... and most of the time I cant answer them! Its kinda like a positrack in a 67 Plymouth, who knows why it works, it just does!
[/quote You got that riiight!!!