I lost.

Who's getting after them?
Longrange
6 Point

I lost.

Post by Longrange »

I posted in a separate post about not quitting but losing the fight. I lost. Never did get Superbird in gun range. Last I heard from him was a week ago this past Tuesday. Lo and behold, took mamas little lap dog out for his business this morning and my nemesis was gobbling every breath. He did this till I had to leave for work. ( I believe he was laughing at me) To add insult to injury,wife text me about 8:30 and said “ your turkey is out here gobbling “. Got home this afternoon and she told me the dang thing gobbled till about 9:30-9:45.
Next season can’t get here quick enough. Lol
Huntaholic
10 Point

Re: I lost.

Post by Huntaholic »

Longrange wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:25 pm I posted in a separate post about not quitting but losing the fight. I lost. Never did get Superbird in gun range. Last I heard from him was a week ago this past Tuesday. Lo and behold, took mamas little lap dog out for his business this morning and my nemesis was gobbling every breath. He did this till I had to leave for work. ( I believe he was laughing at me) To add insult to injury,wife text me about 8:30 and said “ your turkey is out here gobbling “. Got home this afternoon and she told me the dang thing gobbled till about 9:30-9:45.
Next season can’t get here quick enough. Lol
To quote yet another movie, "why wait?" lol
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Call him in, get him close enough to kill.... then count coup on him! You don't have to get him close enough to touch. Just get him to a spot you know he would have been dead if you had your gun. Then tell him you will see him next spring.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Sackett wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:13 am Call him in, get him close enough to kill.... then count coup on him! You don't have to get him close enough to touch. Just get him to a spot you know he would have been dead if you had your gun. Then tell him you will see him next spring.
Him and his 2 buddies were next to the house Saturday and Sunday morning. Never made a sound but put on a good show. 2 strutters and 1 looker.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Longrange wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:00 pm
Sackett wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:13 am Call him in, get him close enough to kill.... then count coup on him! You don't have to get him close enough to touch. Just get him to a spot you know he would have been dead if you had your gun. Then tell him you will see him next spring.
Him and his 2 buddies were next to the house Saturday and Sunday morning. Never made a sound but put on a good show. 2 strutters and 1 looker.
Rubbing it in a little I guess LOL
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Sackett wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:14 am
Longrange wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:00 pm
Rubbing it in a little I guess LOL
I thought so.