New site/format question for WG...or anyone.

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Jethro
10 Point

New site/format question for WG...or anyone.

Post by Jethro »

When things get slow here, sometimes I jump over to that other site to read. Something I have noticed....its like playing whack a mole over there now. Im not very tech savvy, but I assume its where ads are loading. Go to click on something, and bam...you click on something half a page away. I think I even posted a while back (somewhere) about sites like that. Anyway, are you going to do that to this site.... Whatever it is that causes it. I hate that crap!!
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Re: New site/format question for WG...or anyone.

Post by WG Taxidermist »

No sir!!! I do not intend on filling the site up with ads or trying to figure out a way to make money from members. That is not what this site is about. I'm going to do all I can to make things as user friendly as possible and be a welcoming site to visit. We are going to slowly add features here and there that everyone has been asking for but not if it means I have to deal with ads. Now for the people that use Tapatalk you will have some ads using it but since it's a third party add-on that's kind of out of our control.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Thank you, it is very much appreciated!!
Bucky'
10 Point

Post by Bucky' »

That other site you speak of (Tndeer) is a bunch of horseshit since fat mis management took over. Sad times over there.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Bucky' wrote:That other site you speak of (Tndeer) is a bunch of horseshit since fat mis management took over. Sad times over there.
There's no reason we can't make this site a more enjoyable place to visit.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Bucky' wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:01 pm That other site you speak of (Tndeer) is a bunch of horseshit since fat mis management took over. Sad times over there.
I logged in over there for the first time in 8 months or so a couple days ago. I saw a turncoat or two over there! :shock: Folks, its hard to make this site what we want it to be if we double dip.
MUP

Post by MUP »

I'll go back and forth as I please. This is my favorite most laid back site tho.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

MUP wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:18 am I'll go back and forth as I please. This is my favorite most laid back site tho.
Me as well. I never had any issues @ that site to speak of . If you are calling me a turn coat then it's without merit . There are some that are not what you'd call good but I do have some really good media friends on that site. And I'll agree with MUP this is a more friendlier site without the drama that the other site @ times has . Although I have had words with a couple over there and as Jeff said it's a chore to post @ times I try to do as Jesus wants us to do to LOVE everyone simply because we all live in glass houses . Some just don't think they do though 😕
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Huntaholic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:15 pm
Bucky' wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:01 pm That other site you speak of (Tndeer) is a bunch of horseshit since fat mis management took over. Sad times over there.
I logged in over there for the first time in 8 months or so a couple days ago. I saw a turncoat or two over there! :shock: Folks, its hard to make this site what we want it to be if we double dip.
I might be wrong but I think most folks are members of other sites. Maybe not necessarily Tndeer but other forums in general. Heck I even help do some behind the scenes work on another site but I don't see that as a bad thing. A lot of conversations come from people seeing things on other site and want to share it here. I do think if we want the site to be what we want it to it's going to take everyone's help and participation to get it there.

Theodore Roosevelt
MUP

Post by MUP »

^Like^
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Tru-Talker
6 Point

Post by Tru-Talker »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:53 am
I might be wrong but I think most folks are members of other sites. Maybe not necessarily Tndeer but other forums in general. Heck I even help do some behind the scenes work on another site but I don't see that as a bad thing. A lot of conversations come from people seeing things on other site and want to share it here. I do think if we want the site to be what we want it to it's going to take everyone's help and participation to get it there.
Yep...I'm a member of 5 or 6....I visit 3 regularly....the other ones just ever so often....I use and bring information for me and others from all of em.... Knowledge and information can be had everywhere and they all help me learn things I can use personally or to help others....
Last edited by Tru-Talker on Wed May 25, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Take a chillpill! .headslap. GEEZZZ! All I was saying was that way back yonder several months ago, LOTS of folks got time outs, bans, put in the corner, etc.... over there and showed up here bitching whining moaning and complaining. Yet I still see some of those same faces over there. I really don't give a flying rats ass either way, nor do I want to start a pissing match here about any of it. Keep on keeping on! two thumbs
shootnmiss
6 Point

Post by shootnmiss »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:53 am
I learned about this place from another site. Not the one y'all speak of but a dang goodun with some fine folks
I wanna go back to 1776 when men had balls and chicks didn't
MUP

Post by MUP »

I've been here since 2014. 😁
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

MUP wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:42 pm I've been here since 2014. 😁
Me too! two thumbs

Theodore Roosevelt
MUP

Post by MUP »

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
WG Taxidermist wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:43 pm
Me too! two thumbs
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

I’ve been on both. I never saw the drama over there first hand, but I will admit I’ve had a great experience here. Don’t know many of you other than your user names, but this site has a tightnit feeling that seems more like a true brotherhood. People here are genuinely trying to help others and give HONEST feedback, whether it stings or not.
Thanks for allowing me to join with my nonsense.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Longrange wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:20 pm I’ve been on both. I never saw the drama over there first hand, but I will admit I’ve had a great experience here. Don’t know many of you other than your user names, but this site has a tightnit feeling that seems more like a true brotherhood. People here are genuinely trying to help others and give HONEST feedback, whether it stings or not.
I've seen this site at its high points and it's low points and to be honest there was times I just wanted to throw my hands up and be done with it. Seeing post like this makes me feel like what we are doing is the right thing and we are going in the right direction. I appreciate all of you being a part of this growing famly/ community.

Theodore Roosevelt
Bucky'
10 Point

Post by Bucky' »

Me too. Well kinda. .rolling. .rolling.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:53 pm
Longrange wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:20 pm I’ve been on both. I never saw the drama over there first hand, but I will admit I’ve had a great experience here. Don’t know many of you other than your user names, but this site has a tightnit feeling that seems more like a true brotherhood. People here are genuinely trying to help others and give HONEST feedback, whether it stings or not.
I've seen this site at its high points and it's low points and to be honest there was times I just wanted to throw my hands up and be done with it. Seeing post like this makes me feel like what we are doing is the right thing and we are going in the right direction. I appreciate all of you being a part of this growing famly/ community.
Well I for one, seen my share of it....and I stayed out of the political forum. Without ill intent, my wife was tracked down and contacted. I changed my name and tried to move forward. That was no fun at all. I decided to come clean about the name change....and explain what happened. I was attacked by "some very fine christians" 🙄 My wife was called names that wouldnt have been gotten away with had it been in person. And the BS with the new ownership was getting ridiculous.
As a friend of mine from there once told me....."The only thing worse than a POS game warden that thinks hes God, is a retired POS game warden that thinks hes God". Between him and the rich drunk....I had my fill.
I wasn't banned, booted, put in timeout, or get my peepee slapped....I just got tired of bitting my tongue.
I do go over there from time to time. I think Ive commented on something about 3 times since Ive been here. Two of those were to answer a question no one could seems to figure out. And the third time (I think yesterday) was to aggravate mup.... 😂
Im happy here. Just wish more people would participate in the conversations.
Bucky'
10 Point

Post by Bucky' »

Jethro wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:15 pm
WG Taxidermist wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:53 pm
Well I for one, seen my share of it....and I stayed out of the political forum. Without ill intent, my wife was tracked down and contacted. I changed my name and tried to move forward. That was no fun at all. I decided to come clean about the name change....and explain what happened. I was attacked by "some very fine christians" 🙄 My wife was called names that wouldnt have been gotten away with had it been in person. And the BS with the new ownership was getting ridiculous.
As a friend of mine from there once told me....."The only thing worse than a POS game warden that thinks hes God, is a retired POS game warden that thinks hes God". Between him and the rich drunk....I had my fill.
I wasn't banned, booted, put in timeout, or get my peepee slapped....I just got tired of bitting my tongue.
I do go over there from time to time. I think Ive commented on something about 3 times since Ive been here. Two of those were to answer a question no one could seems to figure out. And the third time (I think yesterday) was to aggravate mup.... 😂

Im happy here. Just wish more people would participate in the conversations.
I like it here and Bamahuntin.com. Only two places i check out daily. Some great friends on Tndeer, but i can't stand management.
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

I remember a time when I was the only one posting here and WG was at a loss . Me too just couldn't understand it . This is a great site but I still go to the other site but quit being a supporter , just kinda like an addiction 😆 I guess .
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

I am an exception. I had an ID on tndeer since it's early years. Posted some for a little bit here and there. Discovered tnturkey around 2001 and stuck there 7ntil it faded away 6 or 8 years ago.
I hadn't really followed any hunting forums since then.
I don't even know what changed or happened in tndeer. I hear new ownership and more drama.
The last time I ever really looked or posted there was probably 2014. Someone was posting pics of a bear I killed on there and there was all kinds of crazy bs being posted about it by people I didn't know and they sure didn't know me or anything about me. Several friends contacted me and they had already 'read to those guys from the book'. I made a few comments and I don't think I have ever been back there since.
I don't do drama. It's easy to walk away from it and there are plenty of other things I enjoy in life. It isn't worth my time or the trouble.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Another thing over there that chapped my arse.... Cliques!!