Gotta get it setup

shootnmiss
6 Point

Gotta get it setup

Post by shootnmiss »

Got my boy a 6.8 western in the Browning Hell's Canyon here while back. Gotta order a DNZ for it and put Sig on top of it. The more I read on this caliber, the more I liking it. Yes, I know it's basically a 270 short mag, but with the heavier boollits it's a beast. It's dumping more energy than the 7 mag. Can't wait to see how it shoots.
I wanna go back to 1776 when men had balls and chicks didn't
Huntaholic
10 Point

Re: Gotta get it setup

Post by Huntaholic »

Sweet! Keep us posted! EXCELLENT choice on mounts btw!
shootnmiss
6 Point

Post by shootnmiss »

Huntaholic wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:39 pm Sweet! Keep us posted! EXCELLENT choice on mounts btw!
Thanks. All I run is DNZ. And whenever I get it setup I'll post pics of the setup and groups. Got three different loads I'm gonna try.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

I used to run leupold mounts on everything but I switched to DNZ a few years ago because its all one solid piece. I figure every weak link I can take out the better off I am. Another thing I really like is you can get a top cap with a level built into it, which really comes in handy on an ultra long range set up.
shootnmiss
6 Point

Post by shootnmiss »

Huntaholic wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:32 pm I used to run leupold mounts on everything but I switched to DNZ a few years ago because its all one solid piece. I figure every weak link I can take out the better off I am. Another thing I really like is you can get a top cap with a level built into it, which really comes in handy on an ultra long range set up.
That's exactly why I went to them. I've heard people say, There's only one screw on each side, that's no good.
Bulldoodoo! Example, I drove from east alabama to west Texas a few years ago for a hunting trip. I threw my 7 mag in the hatch of a SUV in a cheap soft sided case, piled stuff on top it and hit the road with my son. We drove 16 hours there. Gun was hitting 3/4" high just like I set it. We drove 16 hours home, gun was 3/4" high. I don't know how you feel, but I believe that's a lot of vibration and bumps! Says a lot about DNZ and Sig scopes in my opinion
MUP

Post by MUP »

I'm a fan of the DNZ one piece mounts as well. Keep up posted on how it performs!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.