Rainy morning here

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
MUP

Rainy morning here

Post by MUP »

And last day of deer season once again. I used to get tore up that season was ending, and still the last few years feel somewhat sad, but it seems I'm less sad lately, and I'm going less and less the last couple of years. Life changes I suppose, as I look back I spent more time home, with family, and that's a plus for sure. Anyway, here's to this year and next season Lord willing, and maybe I'll be able to go coyote hunting some in the next couple of months, and the .22 competitions will be starting back in March, so looking forward to that fun as well. Hoping everyone has a much better year this year than the last couple for sure! ☕
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Jethro
10 Point

Re: Rainy morning here

Post by Jethro »

MUP wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:16 am And last day of deer season once again. I used to get tore up that season was ending, and still the last few years feel somewhat sad, but it seems I'm less sad lately, and I'm going less and less the last couple of years. Life changes I suppose, as I look back I spent more time home, with family, and that's a plus for sure. Anyway, here's to this year and next season Lord willing, and maybe I'll be able to go coyote hunting some in the next couple of months, and the .22 competitions will be starting back in March, so looking forward to that fun as well. Hoping everyone has a much better year this year than the last couple for sure! ☕

Just last night, I was telling another member that my season was over. But had actually been over for a few weeks, I just didn't know it. No drive this year. I understand what you are going through.
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

This season has been affected by a lot of moving parts in my life and in the lives of those closest to me. As a family we hunted opening day. That's it. One day. But I am as satisfied as I have ever been. The bonus for me is the 2nd best buck that I have ever taken that evening. I may try to go next Friday and get a doe or 3 since we have that still open on private land. If not we can add a couple from my property down here. Hoping to do a little coyote killing a little later on. And maybe get in on the 22 competitions.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
MUP

Post by MUP »

👍
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Bad thing about killing a doe now is you are killing 3. I MUCH prefer to kill my does in bow season but this year I didnt hunt a single time until yesterday eve and the ONLY reason I went then was because one of my grand daughters asked me to make her some jerky when I saw her at Christmas. I didnt have anything to make jerky with so I went and killed a doe yesterday. Yes, she was bred already and carrying two fetuses but it is what it is I guess.
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

Huntaholic wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:25 pm Bad thing about killing a doe now is you are killing 3. I MUCH prefer to kill my does in bow season
I used to live by this and though I no longer bow hunt I prefer to kill the does earlier. This year it's just gonna be different. We have a LOT of deer on our place and the bus to doe ratio couldn't be any better, in my estimation. It's doubtful that I can get off work Friday as we're under the gun to make a real good early showing for our client. So, it's looking more likely that it'll be Alabama deer going in the freezer till season is over on February 10th.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.