West Tennessee folks avoid Memphis

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Shane37110
10 Point

West Tennessee folks avoid Memphis

Post by Shane37110 »

Until things settle down with the Tyre Nichols case. Memphians keep your head low.
I'm no cop hater and I wait until I see the video and get the whole story to pass judgment in most of these cases but from what I'm hearing this incident is indeed very bad. It could get real ugly when that tape is released. I think there will be outrage that is justified based on what im hearing. Even though the race of the officers and the victim were all the same it sounds like the officers seriously crossed the line here in use of force. They have even fired two Memphis Fire Dept EMTs and are investigating them as well. This is shaping up to be what the lawyers call a watershed case where it could substantially affect law, policy and procedures nationwide.
The real problem is that many will just see it as an excuse to do outrageous things themselves and lash out to harm innocent people and damage property for no good reason.
Buckle up folks, I think we're in for a bumpy ride.
News link in case you've missed it
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 422576.amp

I do offer sincere prayers for the Nichols family. Not only have they lost a loved one but they have been thrust into the media circus that will use them as fodder to feed the animal that the news industry is and their lives went from quiet and normal to being under the spotlight. They will never have a "normal" life again. Yes I'm sure they will get some money in the end but I don't think they will ever be at peace again.

We haven't heard much about Nichols' or his parent's background but even if he was a really bad guy it's still on them as an institution to play by the rules.
I pray for the officers and their families too. Their families will suffer greatly from this. It's not the spouse's or parent's or children's fault. But they will be shunned by the community, suffer financially from the legal fees, loss of income and may lose their homes. They may become targets of anger from the community. I feel the officers themselves will have no chance at a truly unbiased jury. They will have a hard time in jail knowing they have ruined not only their lives but the lives of many others.
rabbit

Re: West Tennessee folks avoid Memphis

Post by rabbit »

My thing is once someone is handcuffed, that should be the end of it. There is no reason whatsoever to hit/beat someone that is restrained. Sad situation and yes, prayers for the family.
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

Well the video is out there if you want to see it. I'm not posting here since this is a pg rated site. But it's as bad as they said it would be. Those guys are guilty as charged. That poor guy didn't have a chance.
His mom was on the news asking people to peacefully protest and not to destroy. She's got some class and principle for that. Prayers for his family.
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

Sad deal for sure . Not trying to down play what has happened but if the police officers were white Memphis would be burning at this moment calling it a hate crime . A crime weather it be hate or not is a crime and should be treated the same no matter the color but that's not the world we live in . Prayers sent for all involved !
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

snakester50 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:35 am Sad deal for sure . Not trying to down play what has happened but if the police officers were white Memphis would be burning at this moment calling it a hate crime . A crime weather it be hate or not is a crime and should be treated the same no matter the color but that's not the world we live in . Prayers sent for all involved !
Absolutely
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

I'm wondering if there wasn't some personal connection between the perp and one of the cops.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

This guy thinks so
https://youtu.be/xmtJx88YvxI
MUP

Post by MUP »

So far the protesting has been without much incident it seems. I really believe these protests will achieve more positive results than the ones when they've Burned Looted and Murdered in the past.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.