Do you have a pair of "Dress' overalls?

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Shane37110
10 Point

Do you have a pair of "Dress' overalls?

Post by Shane37110 »

This place is a ghost town lately so I'm going to try to break the ice here and get folks to talking again so here goes....
Do you have a pair of what you consider "dress" or "Sunday best" overalls that are set aside for church and other dress up occasions? Would you be frowned at for wearing them to your church.

I for one do. I almost exclusively wear overalls. I've always just liked them but now I find them the best and most comfortable option due to my ostomy after my cancer.
That aside in my younger days many a man had dress overalls and a nice button up shirt for many dressy occasions. I think it certainly looked better than many suits of the era especially the plaid sport coats and polyester leisure suits.
And today I still find them more suitable than wearing sweatpants everywhere.
What about yall?
snakester50
10 Point

Re: Do you have a pair of "Dress' overalls?

Post by snakester50 »

I do have two pair that I would call dress overalls but don't think I would wear them to church unless they were the only thing clean .
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

I personally have overalls myself. My pastor at my church wears overalls as well, and wears them to church except on Sunday mornings. Sunday evenings and Wednesday or any other occasion he is there most likely you will find him in them.
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
shootnmiss
6 Point

Post by shootnmiss »

Yes, but I never wear them. I love overalls but don't wear em anymore. As the proud owner of several different handguns, my preferred method of carry is IWB with my G19. Kinda hard to do with Liberty overalls on.
I wanna go back to 1776 when men had balls and chicks didn't
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Im as redneck, hillbilly, country as they come and I have NEVER owned a pair of overalls. I like insulated bibs for hunting, which is basically the same thing I guess, but Ive NEVER wore a pair of uninsulated overalls! My boys need a little more support than overalls provide I guess. Id have nightmares about being in school in only my underwear if I wore them! .rolling.