Oh, the joy of trying to buy a new truck

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Smokyrider
10 Point

Oh, the joy of trying to buy a new truck

Post by Smokyrider »

Been trying to buy a new truck but salesmen sure are shady. Found a Silverado LT trail boss that I wanted in Ohio, called and offered a price out the door. Salesmen said ok and got my information, driver's license, wife's information but then came back with a quote much higher.
When I asked about the extra cost it was for the steps they had installed on the truck, (steps were not on the windiw sticker or the listing on their website) told them I wasn't going to pay for something they had laying around and just added to the truck to charge me for. They wouldn't drop the price or remove the steps....

So the search for a truck continues..... :A
snakester50
10 Point

Re: Oh, the joy of trying to buy a new truck

Post by snakester50 »

.headslap.
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

Car dealers are only outdone by politicians when it comes to shady business.
Bucky'
10 Point

Post by Bucky' »

Smokyrider wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:28 pm Been trying to buy a new truck but salesmen sure are shady. Found a Silverado LT trail boss that I wanted in Ohio, called and offered a price out the door. Salesmen said ok and got my information, driver's license, wife's information but then came back with a quote much higher.
When I asked about the extra cost it was for the steps they had installed on the truck, (steps were not on the windiw sticker or the listing on their website) told them I wasn't going to pay for something they had laying around and just added to the truck to charge me for. They wouldn't drop the price or remove the steps....

So the search for a truck continues..... :A
Are you dead set on a Chevy. I was but, changed to Toyota.
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

Bucky' wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:57 pm
Are you dead set on a Chevy. I was but, changed to Toyota.
New incentives came out today and put some money down to hold a 2023 LT trail boss in Pennsylvania until I can get there on Friday. Will find out tomorrow what interest rate I will get from GM.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

I bought my first new vehicle in 1989, a Z71 4spd. We strayed once or twice, (well the wife did) and bought a jeep cherokee and a durango, but we always came back to GM. Fast forward to about 2016 or so and wife kept wanting an SUV because she was tired of shifting gears in a Camaro SS. NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING GM has on the market in a size smaller than a Tahoe is worth a piddlers damn! Trust me, we looked at and drove them all. In 2019 after doing some research, I told her to go by the Toyota dealer and look at 4-Runners. We bought a 2019 and traded up to a 2021 almost 2 years ago and we couldnt be happier! Ive agreed to let her trade in a couple, the jeep and the durango, but the rest I have kept and this latest 4 runner is definately a keeper!
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

Got 0% interest, leaving early in the morning to go pick it up. super
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Congrats!
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

Just made it back home, happy with it so far.
20230304_083401.jpg
20230304_083401.jpg (344.6 KiB) Viewed 615 times
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

That's a fine looking truck right there!! I've wanted a Trail Boss ever since they came out.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Nice looking truck!
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Tru-Talker
6 Point

Post by Tru-Talker »

I like those trucks there and will probably be in the market for one soon...I've driven a Titan Pro4X for the past 14 years but may be looking at one these this go around....I got 230K on my current Titan and had relatively zero issues other than routine maintenance which will make it hard to go with something different....but I'm gonna at least test drive one of those Trail Boss trucks....
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves....