Lowdown and rotten!!!

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Shane37110
10 Point

Lowdown and rotten!!!

Post by Shane37110 »

I was fishing Center Hill yesterday evening and set some jugs out then went on around the cove fishing with a rod. I was back on some treetops that are flooded and this cat pulls up on a bow rider and starts pulling in my jug that had been moving. I hollered at him to leave my jugs alone and he said they weren't my jugs they were his. I headed toward him and the bastard stole my fish and took off while cussing me out. I had 4 more jugs with empty hooks when I went and checked them. He did at least throw the jug I saw him take overboard down the lake. I wish I'd been able to make out the registration numbers!
I'm still mad the next day!
rabbit

Re: Lowdown and rotten!!!

Post by rabbit »

That's pretty sorrow
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

I just can't understand why someone would be that sorry to do that. I know it happens... but i doubt he was starving and needed the fish that bad for food. He is plain and simple a lazy ass thief!!! He prob took some pics and of the fish and posted them on line bragging. He needs to be taught some respect.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

Sackett wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:26 am I just can't understand why someone would be that sorry to do that. I know it happens... but i doubt he was starving and needed the fish that bad for food. He is plain and simple a lazy ass thief!!! He prob took some pics and of the fish and posted them on line bragging. He needs to be taught some respect.
He was in a $40k boat, maybe the payments are eating into the grocery budget lol.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Shane37110 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:26 pm
Sackett wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:26 am I just can't understand why someone would be that sorry to do that. I know it happens... but i doubt he was starving and needed the fish that bad for food. He is plain and simple a lazy ass thief!!! He prob took some pics and of the fish and posted them on line bragging. He needs to be taught some respect.
He was in a $40k boat, maybe the payments are eating into the grocery budget lol.
I am betting his ego and desire to be a big "outdoorsman" are eating into his ethics. I am willing to bet he is very smally endowed, so he is trying to compensate. Either way, he is lower than a snake's belly in a deep wagon rut.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

Yep!
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

There's not many things worst than a thief! Cant stand them!
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

It took me 2 or 3 years to find a decent place to put out noodles around here. One of the places I tried we actually met a guy coming DOWN the creek with some of our noodles in his boat! His excuse was that he thought they had been abandoned and he was just cleaning up the lake! And of course the noodles he had didnt have any fish on them. Nevermind the fact that they were UPSTREAM from where we put them out.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Huntaholic wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:32 pm It took me 2 or 3 years to find a decent place to put out noodles around here. One of the places I tried we actually met a guy coming DOWN the creek with some of our noodles in his boat! His excuse was that he thought they had been abandoned and he was just cleaning up the lake! And of course the noodles he had didnt have any fish on them. Nevermind the fact that they were UPSTREAM from where we put them out.
Did you read to him from the book?
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

Sackett wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:34 pm
Huntaholic wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:32 pm It took me 2 or 3 years to find a decent place to put out noodles around here. One of the places I tried we actually met a guy coming DOWN the creek with some of our noodles in his boat! His excuse was that he thought they had been abandoned and he was just cleaning up the lake! And of course the noodles he had didnt have any fish on them. Nevermind the fact that they were UPSTREAM from where we put them out.
I'm betting he did
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Shane37110 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:44 pm
I bet he did too :D
I have ran jugs with him, probably in that same area. We did pretty good!
I'm betting he did
Attachments
20180805_162432.jpg
20180805_162432.jpg (324.11 KiB) Viewed 99 times
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

Sackett wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:28 am
Shane37110 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:44 pm
I bet he did too :D
I have ran jugs with him, probably in that same area. We did pretty good!
I'm betting he did
Nice mess ! Lowdown and rotten is a good term for what he was for sure !
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

Yall doing and jugging on Center Hill?
I'm starting to think the whole lake is over run with gar. Keep getting catfish on the jugline mauled and stolen by gar.
I read on the internet that gar is supposed to taste like lobster so I'm about to add a steel leader a straight hook instead of a circle hook and bait with bluegill instead of chicken gizzards and see if I can catch some gar.