About that time...

MUP

About that time...

Post by MUP »

IF I had been on the ball about a month ago, I'd have had some tcam pics to be showing now. :D I think I left two dead battery cams out there, with 3-4 more with half life left back in April. If I can muster up enough intestinal fortitude I might go out and refresh batts and cards this weekend I suppose. Man I hate this heat. :evil:
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Re: About that time...

Post by Tennessee Lead »

I'm in that same boat.
I don't have my cams out either. I hope I can get them out in a month or two

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker
"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be" - Fred Bear
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

I put mine out the 1st of August. I try to take them down at the end of January, but usually don't get them down until March.
"Know where you stand and stand there" Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
MUP

Post by MUP »

I've gotten to where I leave them out all year round. Season is open for trespassers all year long, so I've decided to just keep them out. It has paid dividends twice already in the past two years alone. Now, if I can only remember to keep the batteries fresh and cards changed I'll be in the green! :mrgreen:
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
ImThere
10 Point

Post by ImThere »

I quit putting them out when my last 35mm quit working I used to pick them up at yard sales and use them out on public land if I find some El cheapo that work I might do it again. I repaired a motion detector on one last year and pit it out and got a couple of good pics of good deer I never seen all season lol
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored
MUP

Post by MUP »

I tell ya Imthere, those little Tasco Mini 3mp are about $60 and have been working pretty good for me. I have several out, and have had to send two back so far, and they were replaced with new ones. ;)
ImThere
10 Point

Post by ImThere »

I actually was looking at those
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored
MUP

Post by MUP »

I bought several when they were $50 even, but now they've gone up to the $60 mark. Still a good value for a very small IR cam tho.
Redhunterz71
8 Point

Post by Redhunterz71 »

Ive been using the primos truth 35 cams for a couple years and really like them great battery life and good pics also. Plan on taking mine down to the lease while I'm off for vacation during the 4th
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Post by Tennessee Lead »

I had intended to buy those Tasco cams. My brother has one. I couldn't find them so I caught the Moultrie A-5's on sale for $49 at Dunham's. I bought 6 of them and had a ball!

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker
"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be" - Fred Bear
MUP

Post by MUP »

Well, with the t-storms/rain in the forecast, I'm hoping to get out and change out batteries and cards this weekend sometime. I like to do it when the rain is setting in so my scent will be washed away asap.
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Whenever possible, I do the same MUP.
"Know where you stand and stand there" Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
Phil1979
10 Point

Post by Phil1979 »

I've got to get my cameras out, may try and do it this weekend.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Should be a good time to get it done, plenty of rain forecast to wash away your scent afterward for sure.