I'm hard headed I guess. ..

MUP

I'm hard headed I guess. ..

Post by MUP »

Well, I just couldn't stand letting an awesome opportunity pass by, knowing that the heat wave was coming, so I went out on the mtn, sore shoulder and all, and replaced batteries and cards. Had to swap out a dead Tasco in the process. No worries, still under the 2 year warranty ;) . I'm quite sure I'll pay for it tonight again with more pain, but I just couldn't pass up such an opportunity to get it done. Wind was blowing, temps bearable, just feel better knowing it's done and won't be back out there till Aug now. :)
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Re: I'm hard headed I guess. ..

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Don't over do it!

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Post by Tennessee Lead »

Hope you get some good ones using your place.

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker
"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be" - Fred Bear
AllOutdoors
10 Point

Post by AllOutdoors »

Glad you were able to get out. Just don't over do it. I'm sure you know your limit.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Apparently I don't! :D That's probably why I have a sore shoulder in the first place. And I am definitely more sore this morning than last. Dang it sucks getting old. :/
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

On a side note, the cams were almost all dead, batteries that is, but I did get some pics up till early May, and I had a "ghost" of a deer slipping thru the shadows of a newly placed set. I've long suspected this place to hold one of the big bucks that I've gotten pics of the last 3 years, and it could be him. He crossed the normal trail at 90 deg, heading into a dense population of pines. I've gotten pics of him close to this area in the past, but decided to move in a bit closer. I also got a pic of a buck with some good "knobs" on his head in early May on another cam not 50 yds from the one I just mentioned. Things are looking good for this season. I really hope I can get my daughter on one of these deer this year!