Warm weather?

Phil1979
10 Point

Warm weather?

Post by Phil1979 »

Will this warm weather we are having have an impact on the acorn crop next year? I'm hunting the middle of the day right now and it's 75 degrees. Maybe the cold weather will show in January or February.
Diehard
10 Point

Re: Warm weather?

Post by Diehard »

If it keeps up, it may affect a lot of plants! I haven't checked any trees, but if the buds break and then we get a hard freeze then we won't have any new buds come spring time. No buds, no flowers, no fruit. Plants need a period of dormancy to complete their life cycle. I am afraid that dormancy period hasn't really had a chance to get started this year.
Suck it up.....buttercup!
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

I've seen quite a few perennial plants already budding out and some actually blooming. That can't be good.
"Know where you stand and stand there" Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

I don't know about the trees but I know my yard is greening up like it's spring time. I had a parcel bag of fescue seed that was apparently in my wife's way so she threw the seed in the yard to get it out of her way and it is sprouting.

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt