Rain or snow, or ice?

Members giving us the weather info
MUP

Rain or snow, or ice?

Post by MUP »

Looks like this system is about on top of us now, and radar shows snow at present, and the valley temp is right at 30. Locals have since gone with all rain but looks like this could be snow initially, plus it's been down into the low 20's most of last night and thru the early morning here.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Deerbuster
10 Point

Re: Rain or snow, or ice?

Post by Deerbuster »

Mostly ice/sleet here.
GO LSU
MUP

Post by MUP »

Just took my daughter to the mtn to stay with her Grandmother for the night and it was freezing rain on my windshield. 30 degrees here in the valley and 28 upon the mtn.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
7mminatree
8 Point

Post by 7mminatree »

We just drove from my wifes moms place in Limestone to our house in Unicoi in a whiteout. It's about 25 miles, dodged umpteen crashes. When we started up the mountain, you couldn't tell where the road was. Whew, talk about pucker power. Looks like it snowed about 4 or 5 inches in about an hour. We still had about 5 inches on the ground this morning, we're getting buried again. Temp has not made it to 20 today.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Drove in late to work this morning, glad I did. Icy on the mtn.