Gonna have to......

TNDeerGuy
Button

Gonna have to......

Post by TNDeerGuy »

get this forum going, especially because this is what I live for. I'm an archer and love just sitting back and chewing the fat about everything archery!
a solitary walk in the woods not only clears my mind, it stirs the soul...
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Re: Gonna have to......

Post by WG Taxidermist »

I agree!

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Don`t do any archery huntin or shootin anymore. After several heart attacks I just don`t have the arm strength to pull and hold draw for eternity while waiting for a kill shot.

I started out fairly young using my dads ol bear grizz two piece recurve. Thankfully it could be shot left or right hand. I remember I B my brother and myself helping my dad and I B`s dad make arrows. Yep., Took wooden shafts and rolled them and made shure they were straight and true. Cut feathers to make fletching and glued it to the shafts. Sometimes a coat of paint was put on the shaft or a coat of varnish. I remember field tips, blnt tips, and broad tips. I remember going with my dad and I B `s dad over to Rifle Range Road and them doing target practice. If I am not mistaken my uncle IB`s dad was insturmental in getting an archery club started here in K-town. I think he went by ol iron head but I B knows more about that than I do. Maybe I can get him to chime in.

Finally the day came I was able to string and pull Dad`s ol bow by myself. At that time it became mine. I never took a deer with it. I moved on up to a white tail 2 compound and used it for a few years until it was stolen. I had another compound and even a crossbow but I have passed them along to topofthefoodchain.

Oh, by the way. The ol Bear Grizz is hanging in a place of honor at topofthefoodchains house.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
TNDeerGuy
Button

Post by TNDeerGuy »

I respect any trad shooter--I don't have the patience for the things...LOL!

I don't blame you for hanging it in a place of honor--I've done the same with my Dad's stuff.
a solitary walk in the woods not only clears my mind, it stirs the soul...
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

one of these days I`ll tell about my onest and onliest turkey hunt with a bow.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
MUP

Post by MUP »

I do bowhunt, but seems it's an exercise in scouting early for me. It helps me pinpoint travel patterns and possibly find what's using my property most years. I'll usually locate the "hot" stand location then sparingly hunt that stand until I can get a smokepole in hand for it. :D
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Phil1979
10 Point

Post by Phil1979 »

MUP wrote:I do bowhunt, but seems it's an exercise in scouting early for me. It helps me pinpoint travel patterns and possibly find what's using my property most years. I'll usually locate the "hot" stand location then sparingly hunt that stand until I can get a smokepole in hand for it. :D
MUP summed up archery for me. I used to hunt pretty hard during archer, but now I just get in to it that much.
ImThere
10 Point

Post by ImThere »

Phil1979 wrote:
MUP wrote:I do bowhunt, but seems it's an exercise in scouting early for me. It helps me pinpoint travel patterns and possibly find what's using my property most years. I'll usually locate the "hot" stand location then sparingly hunt that stand until I can get a smokepole in hand for it. :D
MUP summed up archery for me. I used to hunt pretty hard during archer, but now I just get in to it that much.
That's depressing. I see most deer during archery season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored
MUP

Post by MUP »

I see most deer during archery as well, but most big bucks during the 2nd week of ML season, thru the 1st week of rifle around my place.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
jim37870
Button

Post by jim37870 »

TNDeerGuy wrote:get this forum going, especially because this is what I live for. I'm an archer and love just sitting back and chewing the fat about everything archery!
LOL, I know what you mean, I love just practicing. There is
something about watching that arrow go right where you want it.
I was laying on my back wondering, " why is that ball getting bigger"? and then it hit me.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

jim37870 wrote:
TNDeerGuy wrote:get this forum going, especially because this is what I live for. I'm an archer and love just sitting back and chewing the fat about everything archery!
LOL, I know what you mean, I love just practicing. There is
something about watching that arrow go right where you want it.
I agree!

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt