Trout fishin the Holston

caretaker
10 Point

Trout fishin the Holston

Post by caretaker »

I have rumors of rumors of rumors that thar are some big ol trout in the Holston River below Cherokee dam. I has even heard rumors of rumors of rumors of stockin goin on. I have never fished the Holston below Cherokee dam for trout. I have gone up there lookin for access to the river below the dam but most of it is private property or you have to camp in the camp ground. So my question is where,and how does one gain access to the trout in that river with out renting a helicopter.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
7mminatree
8 Point

Re: Trout fishin the Holston

Post by 7mminatree »

Any of the tailwaters in east Tn. have big trout. I haven't been down that way in several years. But, I can tell you there are some submarine browns and rainbows in the south Holston river. I've caught a few in the 8 to 10 lbs. range on rooster tails. Seen some that were twice that size. Seen a guy hook a 19 lbs. brown back in the spring.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

walp, thar be one er two things a goin on here. Either yuinzz don`t knows nuffun er ya knows an ain`t a tellin cause yer fraid i`ll go catch all yer fish. Iffin it be the secunt then shame on ya fer bein selfush. Yea, yer right i`d prally do the same thang but shame on ya anyhows.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

A lot of private land up that way, hard to access I'm sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!