Quackers

WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Quackers

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Somehow we have ended up with a pair of ducks. Ive never raised duck before so whats the best thing to feed them?

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
sdw
10 Point

Quackers

Post by sdw »

Bailey had a duck when she was little. They like corn, seeds, oats, and love boiled eggs. Boiled eggs are like a treat to them. I used to give Bailey's any minnows I had left after fishing for a treat too. They also like lettuce and lots of other stuff. Make sure you have them secure at night. Bailey's got killed by a fox.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Re: Quackers

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Im guessing they are probably still nervous with it being a new place. They have a bowl full of oats and corn but they haven't touched it.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
BirdDog525
10 Point

Post by BirdDog525 »

How did you aquire these ducks?? Lol
I used to raise them a few dozen at a time. After they were big enough to live in the pond, I'd throw them some cracked corn every one n a while. When the were babies, id feed them chick feed from the co op amd switched to cracked corn when they got a little bigger. But they will eat any type of seed or bug pretty much.
They were alot of fun to have! I hope to get some more not that we dug a new pond this summer
Steward.of.HIS.Land
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

BirdDog525 wrote:How did you aquire these ducks?? Lol
I used to raise them a few dozen at a time. After they were big enough to live in the pond, I'd throw them some cracked corn every one n a while. When the were babies, id feed them chick feed from the co op amd switched to cracked corn when they got a little bigger. But they will eat any type of seed or bug pretty much.
They were alot of fun to have! I hope to get some more not that we dug a new pond this summer
My wife had told some of her family that she would like to have a few ducks back during Thanksgiving. Christmas rolls around and he brought her some ducks. I think we are working on a mini petting zoo! Lol!

Theodore Roosevelt
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

Sounds more like a nice buffet