Experiment

BirdDog525
10 Point

Experiment

Post by BirdDog525 »

Well this is my first "fancy cake". My best friends little girl turns 7 today and I made her a "Frozen" cake. Boy have I been a nervous wreck trying make this thing, no time for epics failures lol. We got almost a 2 hr drive to the party so it's n a box sitting in my lap ... I could use a Xanax I'm so nervous right now lol
Attachments
20170211_121652.jpg
20170211_121652.jpg (912.89 KiB) Viewed 2190 times
Steward.of.HIS.Land
leader
Site Admin

Re: Experiment

Post by leader »

Pretty cake, good luck on drive....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

Looks good!
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Looks great!

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
BirdDog525
10 Point

Post by BirdDog525 »

Well it made it to the party, the top teir was tilted a little but not bad considering the long drive. Learned from several mistakes so that's always a plus in baking. (I wouldn't guess many of you fellers are into baking but i could be wrong lol)
Steward.of.HIS.Land
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

BirdDog525 wrote:Well it made it to the party, the top teir was tilted a little but not bad considering the long drive. Learned from several mistakes so that's always a plus in baking. (I wouldn't guess many of you fellers are into baking but i could be wrong lol)
My wife made cakes for several years so i know more about it than youd think.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
BirdDog525
10 Point

Post by BirdDog525 »

WG Taxidermist wrote:
BirdDog525 wrote:Well it made it to the party, the top teir was tilted a little but not bad considering the long drive. Learned from several mistakes so that's always a plus in baking. (I wouldn't guess many of you fellers are into baking but i could be wrong lol)

Oh yea? Did she have a little sid business?
Steward.of.HIS.Land
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

BirdDog525 wrote:
WG Taxidermist wrote:

Oh yea? Did she have a little sid business?
Yea i guess it could have been called a side business. At one point she was doing 10 to 15 a week. That don't sound like many but when you got a full time job elsewhere its alot.

Theodore Roosevelt
BirdDog525
10 Point

Post by BirdDog525 »

Oh yea? Did she have a little sid business?[/quote]
Yea i guess it could have been called a side business. At one point she was doing 10 to 15 a week. That don't sound like many but when you got a full time job elsewhere its alot.

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk[/quote]

Thats cool! And yea that's alot of cakes a week when you have another job!! I really enjoy baking and making yummy things for people. I wouldn't mind selling if it I could get to the point where I felt more comfortable with perfecting these types of cakes... cause Lord knows that cake had alot of flaws. Surely wouldn't charge anybody at the skill level I'm at now. So friends and family can get free experimental cakes for a while lol I could use an updated and bigger kitchen if I were to go in business (hint hint wink wink to my handy husband who might read this lol)
Steward.of.HIS.Land
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

BirdDog525 wrote:Oh yea? Did she have a little sid business?

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk[/quote]

Thats cool! And yea that's alot of cakes a week when you have another job!! I really enjoy baking and making yummy things for people. I wouldn't mind selling if it I could get to the point where I felt more comfortable with perfecting these types of cakes... cause Lord knows that cake had alot of flaws. Surely wouldn't charge anybody at the skill level I'm at now. So friends and family can get free experimental cakes for a while lol I could use an updated and bigger kitchen if I were to go in business (hint hint wink wink to my handy husband who might read this lol)[/quote]
Lol! Cake is kinda like a house, if you don't have enough structure it will not stand. If i can find some pictures of some of the cakes my wife made ill post them up.

Theodore Roosevelt
BirdDog525
10 Point

Post by BirdDog525 »

Yea, I understand the "structure" part of it now! I made a pretty big mistake of not supporting it with straws or sticks to hold it together. I think I got really lucky that it didn't fall!! But that's how ya learn though! Lessons learned! I'd love to be able to do cakes and goodies on the side, but I got a lot to learn and practice before that can happen! I don't like to go forward with something like that til its perfect.
Steward.of.HIS.Land
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Theres no doubt you can do it! I'm no expert but if you got any questions ill try to help.

Theodore Roosevelt
in the dog house!
Site Admin

Post by in the dog house! »

Ill nust be the official taste tester :)
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plan

Μολων λαβε

WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

in the dog house! wrote:Ill nust be the official taste tester :)
Being the official taste tester for so many years is why Im as big a feller as i am today! Lol!

Theodore Roosevelt
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

WG Taxidermist wrote:
Being the official taste tester for so many years is why Im as big a feller as i am today! Lol!

Judging by the size squirrel vest you wear, I'd say you had more than a taste. LMAO
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

sdw wrote:
WG Taxidermist wrote:

Judging by the size squirrel vest you wear, I'd say you had more than a taste. LMAO
Lmao!!

Theodore Roosevelt