Lemon Cider

Learn how to make wine, craft beers, etc.
BamaProud
Spike

Lemon Cider

Post by BamaProud »

Got a 6 gal Batch of Lemon Cider going this morning. This is the recipe I follow(kinda) instead of another yeast slurry, I just use Lalvin EC-1118 never had any real issues getting it to ferment as the recipe suggests. This stuff has become a staple around my house and on the Farm. Its delicious, easy to make and cheep. Probably 15-20 dollars for a 6 gal batch. (I scale up the original recipe)

A Previous batch:
Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.
Wine-Down Brewing and Winemaking
leader
Site Admin

Re: Lemon Cider

Post by leader »

You post and make me want to hombrew soooo bad. Then I think dang do I need something else to look after, then I think, dang drinkin my own cider, then I think dang, will it be fun or a job.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
BamaProud
Spike

Post by BamaProud »

I typically have 3 or 4 batches of something going at any given time, and about that much ready to drink. Right now I have a 5 gals of blackberry wine aging in bottles. 6 gal of strawberry wine bulk aging in a carboy, A strawberry Ale that is ready to be bottled, 5 gals of Apple Cider, 5 gals of Cranberry-apple cider that both should be ready to bottle in about a month.

Right now, bottled and ready to drink, I have an Orange Hefeweizen, Apple Cider, Lemon Cider, Wheat Pale Ale, Nut Brown Ale and a Blackberry Ale.

If you want to get started on something easy, Cider is quickest and easiest.
Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.
Wine-Down Brewing and Winemaking
Creeping Death

Post by Creeping Death »

That is very cool. I have got to try this. In the meantime, Low Tide!