Browning trail cams

BSK
10 Point

Browning trail cams

Post by BSK »

Anyone use any of the Browning trail cams, such as the Strike Force or Dark Ops?

My older cams are slowing failing one by one, and since the model I liked is no longer made I'm looking for a new trail cam model. Been doing some research and the Browning Dark Ops 940 HD looks like a good one for my uses, but haven't tried one yet. They get great reviews though.
"Know where you stand and stand there" Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
Deerbuster
10 Point

Browning trail cams

Post by Deerbuster »

I have bought 3 strike forces and have loved them. The night range and clarity is amazing and also they don't use batteries up like crazy.
The only downside to them that I have found is with SD cards. Even when I formatted the cards I use to swap them out with, every now and then they just won't have a card work in them and they read "SD Full" after you take the card out 3-4 times it finally reads the card.
But I'm looking to get maybe 2 more off Amazon sometime here soon.

Haven't used the dark ops though only strike force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GO LSU
BSK
10 Point

Re: Browning trail cams

Post by BSK »

Thanks Deerbuster. Great information. Night illumination distance and night image clarity are critical issues for me, as most buck photos at scrapes occur at night.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
MUP

Post by MUP »

I've a friend who's using them right now Bryan(Strike Force). So far he's sold on them, as much so that I can't convince him to buy some cheaper that are on sale! He just says they take such good pics that he's going to keep buying more of the same until something comes along that is better.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Thanks MUP. Good to know. The Strike Force and Dark Ops appear near the top of almost every "Top 10 Trail-cameras for 2017" lists I've seen.

jdbintn
Button

Post by jdbintn »

I have the Strike Force 12 and really like it. Enough that I am about to order another. only down side has been a few grainy night shots but rest has been perfect.