please educate me

caretaker
10 Point

please educate me

Post by caretaker »

Ok guys educate me. Like many of you I have been seeing , hearing , and reading about Bump / slide stocks. I am not familiar with these as I have never used one. Can I get one and put it on my muzzleloader to make it load and fire another round quicker? No, seriously guys I am aware that these stocks are designed for the so called (Assault Rifles). I am trying to wrap my feeble ol mind around this term (Assault Rifle and Bump Stock). Just because a rifle is simi auto is it an assault rifle? Does it have to be synthetic stock and fore arm to be an assault rifle? Does it have to look like a military designed rifle? Does adding a bump stock to a military designed look alike make a simi auto an assault rifle? Any one who knows me " Knows" where I stand on Right to Bear arms. I just want to be able to correctly defend my stand on issues that get twisted by anti`s and politicians and media. Please keep this Civil and informative. Thank you.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Smokyrider
10 Point

Re: please educate me

Post by Smokyrider »

I think it is a way of limiting the travel of the trigger so that the forward catch spur doesn't engage along with the slide mechanism on the stock causes a bump fire.
I have never used one but back in the day we would just grab the pistol grip while looping our thumb through our belt loop and pull the rifle forward with our other hand causing it to bump fire.
The bumpfire/slidefire stock refined and made bump firing more achievable.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Smokeyrider I have never tried that either. Does this enhance the performance of the rifle?.To me it seems like giving up accuracy for speed. Am I correct in this assumption?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

Yeah, not so accurate but doing a bumpfire mag dump on an old tv is fun though.

Feeding a semi-auto is already fairly expensive, a full auto is just not budget friendly for me.
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

Correction, looks like the rifle fits into the bumpfire stock and moves independent of it allowing the act of pulling the trigger for semi-auto to be sped up by the stock bumping the rifle back forward faster then if you were just pulling the trigger as fast as you could. It doesn't affect the trigger or internals.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ho ... ORM=VRDGAR