Do deer learn to pattern hunters?

caretaker
10 Point

Do deer learn to pattern hunters?

Post by caretaker »

Do deer learn to pattern your hunting? Do deer learn to pattern where you will set up for them? do they learn to look up into tree stands? Even when a stand has not been used after being set up or has been moved and left alone do deer look up into it. Do older deer who have been shot at from a tree stand teach younger deer to look up into tree stands? How about shootin shacks? Mineral blocks and even drip scents or possibly even game cameras?
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
MUP

Re: Do deer learn to pattern hunters?

Post by MUP »

Yes. LOL I have tree stands that have been set up for years, and the deer do look up at them, or me I guess, when I'm in them. It's like they know they're there, but really notice when they get "bigger" and stand out more. As far as trail cameras go, the older bucks definitely are aware, and spook even, when they apparently hear the cam snap a pic. I've gotten several "one time" shots of big bucks as they warily crept in to my mineral sites, only to be gone for the 2nd and 3rd sequence of shots, never to be seen again, on that cam. Does, on the other hand, know the cam is there, but cautiously continue to visit the site. Just my personal observations over the years.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.