Inspiration/Bible Verses

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
MUP

Re: Inspiration/Bible Verses

Post by MUP »

“Satan hindered us.”

1 Thessalonians 2:18

Since the first hour in which goodness came into conflict with evil, it has never ceased to be true in spiritual experience, that Satan hinders us. From all points of the compass, all along the line of battle, in the vanguard and in the rear, at the dawn of day and in the midnight hour, Satan hinders us. If we toil in the field, he seeks to break the ploughshare; if we build the wall, he labours to cast down the stones; if we would serve God in suffering or in conflict — everywhere Satan hinders us.

He hinders us when we are first coming to Jesus Christ. Fierce conflicts we had with Satan when we first looked to the cross and lived. Now that we are saved, he endeavours to hinder the completeness of our personal character. You may be congratulating yourself, “I have hitherto walked consistently; no man can challenge my integrity.” Beware of boasting, for your virtue will yet be tried; Satan will direct his engines against that very virtue for which you are the most famous. If you have been hitherto a firm believer, your faith will ere long be attacked; if you have been meek as Moses, expect to be tempted to speak unadvisedly with your lips. The birds will peck at your ripest fruit, and the wild boar will dash his tusks at your choicest vines.

Satan is sure to hinder us when we are earnest in prayer. He checks our importunity, and weakens our faith in order that, if possible, we may miss the blessing. Nor is Satan less vigilant in obstructing Christian effort. There was never a revival of religion without a revival of his opposition. As soon as Ezra and Nehemiah begin to labour, Sanballat and Tobiah are stirred up to hinder them. What then? We are not alarmed because Satan hindereth us, for it is a proof that we are on the Lord's side, and are doing the Lord's work, and in his strength we shall win the victory, and triumph over our adversary.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Bless the Lord and Magnify His Name!
I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My soul will make its boast in the LORD;
The humble will hear it and rejoice.

O magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together.

I sought the LORD, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears.

They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces will never be ashamed.

Psalm 34:1-5 NASB

And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

For he has looked on
the humble estate of his servant.
For behold, from now on all generations
will call me blessed;

For he who is mighty
has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.

Luke 1:46 - 59 ESV
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Seek Him and He will be found of you

"Hear me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin.

The LORD is with you while you are with Him. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you.

For a long time Israel has been without the true God, without a teaching priest, and without law;

But when in their trouble they turned to the LORD God of Israel, and sought Him, He was found by them."

2 Chronicles 15:2-4 NKJV

"Then you will see and be radiant, And your heart will thrill and rejoice;

Because the abundance of the sea will be turned to you, The wealth of the nations will come to you.

Isaiah 60:5 NASB
MUP

Post by MUP »

Chosen by Him...Walk in Love

So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness,humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.

Colossians 3:12,13 NASB

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:1-3 ESV

But in all things we commend ourselves as ministers of God: in much patience, in tribulations, in needs, in distresses, in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in sleeplessness, in fastings; by purity, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Spirit, by sincere love,

2 Corinthians 6:4-6 NKJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

We Are His Workmanship!
The Lord made us and He will complete
that which concerns us...

I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD , endures forever-
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Psalm 138 2, 8 NIV

The LORD was pleased for His righteousness' sake
To make the law great and glorious.

Isaiah 42:21 NASB

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;

And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by.

I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs all things for me.

Psalm 57:1,2 NKJV

Being confident of this very thing,
that he which hath begun a good work in you
will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Philippians 1:6 KJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

Do all for the sake of the gospel
Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law.

To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 NIV

A new commandment I give to you,
that you love one another:
just as I have loved you,
you also are to love one another.

By this all people will know that
you are my disciples,
if you have love for one another."

John 13:34,35 ESV

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself', ye do well:

James 2:8 KJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

For those who have served well
Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 3:13 NIV

"His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.'

Matthew 25:21 NASB

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 3:20,21 KJV

For you had compassion on those in prison, and you joyfully accepted the plundering of your property, since you knew that you yourselves had a better possession and an abiding one. Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised.

Hebrews 10:34 ESV

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself', ye do well:

James 2:8 KJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

Glorify Him In All Things!

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV

As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 4:10,11 NASB

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Romans 11:33-36 KJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

I delight to do Your will
I delight to do Your will, O my God;
your Law is within my heart."

I have proclaimed glad tidings of righteousness
in the great congregation;
Behold, I will not restrain my lips,
O LORD, You know.

Psalm 40:8,9 NASB

Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work. Do you not say, 'There are yet four months, then comes the harvest'? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest.

John 4:34,35 ESV

The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom,
and his tongue speaks what is just.

The law of his God is in his heart;
his feet do not slip.

Psalm 37:30,31 NIV

You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.

2 Corinthians 3:2,3
MUP

Post by MUP »

Our Master Potter & Good Shepherd

But now, O LORD, You are our Father, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand.

Do not be angry beyond measure, O LORD, Nor remember iniquity forever; Behold, look now, all of us are Your people.

Isaiah 64:8,9 NASB

Woe to those who go to great depths to hide their plans from the LORD, who do their work in darkness and think, "Who sees us? Who will know?"

You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "He did not make me"? Can the pot say of the potter, "He knows nothing"?

Isaiah 29:15,16 NIV

Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Psalm 100:3,4 KJV

So we, Your people and sheep of Your pasture, Will give You thanks forever; We will show forth Your praise to all generations.

Psalm 79:13 NKJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

Walk in the Spirit, forsake the flesh

For those who are according to the flesh set their mindson the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God;

For it does not subject itself to the lawof God,forit isnot even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 8:5-8 NASB

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious:

Sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like.

I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this willnot inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21 NIV

So we, Your people and sheep of Your pasture, Will give You thanks forever; We will show forth Your praise to all generations.

Psalm 79:13 NKJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

Forsake the flesh...Be ye separate!
Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Colossians 3:5 NKJV

For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death.

But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve not under the old written code but in the new life of the Spirit.

Romans 7:5,6 ESV

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

2 Corinthians 6:17 KJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

Be the new creation He has made you
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

Ephesians 4:31,32 NASB

But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Colossians 3:8-10 NIV

So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up to salvation-- if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.

1 Peter 2:1-3 ESV
MUP

Post by MUP »

O Lord increase our faith!
And He said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

Matthew 17:20 NASB

And the apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith."

So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.

Luke 17:5,6 NKJV

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:16,17 KJV
in the dog house!
Site Admin

Post by in the dog house! »

Thanks MUP. The last 2 really hit home for me ;)
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plan

Μολων λαβε

MUP

Post by MUP »

I believe they hit us all at one time or another buddy. ;)
MUP

Post by MUP »

In Him All Things Are Possible
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible,
the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.
Amen.

1 Timothy 1:17 ESV

I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:12,13 ESV

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:2 NIV
MUP

Post by MUP »

Your Kingdom Is Everlasting
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And Your dominion endures throughout all generations.

The LORD sustains all who fall
And raises up all who are bowed down.

The eyes of all look to You,
And You give them their food in due time.

You open Your hand
And satisfy the desire of every living thing.

Psalm 145:13-16 NASB

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:10,11 KJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

May His Glory Endure Forever

These all wait for You, That You may give them their food in due season.

What You give them they gather in; You open Your hand, they are filled with good.

You hide Your face, they are troubled; You take away their breath, they die and return to their dust.

You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; And You renew the face of the earth.

May the glory of the LORD endure forever; May the LORD rejoice in His works.

Psalm 104:27-31 NKJV

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.

Amen.

Matthew 6:9b-13 KJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

We are His ambassadors

Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

2 Corinthians 5:20,21 NASB

"My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was foundon his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin.

"For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, and from his mouth men should seek instruction-because he is the messenger of the LORD Almighty

Malachi 2:5-7 NIV

Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

Ephesians 6:18-20 ESV
MUP

Post by MUP »

The LORD is merciful & gracious
"Let the wicked forsake his way
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
And let him return to the LORD,
And He will have compassion on him,
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon.

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts. "

Isaiah 55:7-9 NASB

The LORD is merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

He will not always chide,
nor will he keep his anger forever.

He does not deal with us according to our sins,
nor repay us according to our iniquities.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;

as far as the east is from the west,
so far does he remove our transgressions from us.

Psalm 103:8-12 ESV
MUP

Post by MUP »

I shall come out as gold
My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed:
I will sing and give praise.

Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp:
I myself will awake early.

I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people:
I will sing unto thee among the nations.

For thy mercy is great unto the heavens,
and thy truth unto the clouds.

Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens:
let thy glory be above all the earth.

Psalm 57:7-11 KJV

Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.

Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

Proverbs 19:20,21 NIV

For he spake, and it was done;
he commanded, and it stood fast.

The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought:
he maketh the devices of the people of none effect.

The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever,
the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD;
and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

Psalm 33:9-12 KJV

But he knows the way that I take;
when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.

My foot has held fast to his steps;
I have kept his way and have not turned aside.

I have not departed from the commandment of his lips;
I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my portion of food.

Job 23:10-12 ESV
MUP

Post by MUP »

I am not ashamed of the gospel
So, for my part, I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:15,16 NASB

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

Mark 8:38 NIV

Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, for which I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher, which is why I suffer as I do.

2 Timothy 1:8-12a ESV
MUP

Post by MUP »

Do your work heartily - serving Christ
Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.

Colossians 3:23-24 NASB

Rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man, knowing that whatever good anyone does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free.

Ephesians 6:7,8 ESV

"Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified."

Acts 20:32 NIV

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1 Peter 1:4,5 KJV

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 1:18,24 KJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

Ye are the sons of the living God
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Romans 8:16-18 NASB

We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Acts 5:32 NIV

Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Hosea 1:10 KJV

But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 1:12,13 ESV