Inspiration/Bible Verses

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
MUP

Re: Inspiration/Bible Verses

Post by MUP »

Love & Honor Your Spouse
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. This is a profound mystery--but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

Ephesians 5:31-33 NIV

That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Titus 2:4,5 KJV

Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun.

Eccesiastes 9:9 NASB
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Teach Your Children
Teach Your Children

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 11:18,19 NIV

And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Genesis 18:17-19 KJV

Correct your son,
and he will give you comfort;
He will also delight your soul.

Where there is no vision,
the people are unrestrained,
But happy is he who keeps the law.

Proverbs 29:17,18 NASB
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

We will see His goodness

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Psalm 27:13,14 NIV

For the LORD will not cast off for ever: But though He cause grief, yet will He have compassion according to the multitude of His mercies.

For He doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

Lamentations 3:31-33 KJV

But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; He is their strength in time of trouble.

The LORD helps them and delivers them; He delivers them from the wicked and saves them, Because they take refuge in Him.

Psalm 37:39,40 NASB
MUP

Post by MUP »

Do not worry about your life

"Do not worry about your life"

Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.

Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, whydo you worry about the rest?

Luke 12:22-26 NIV

Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.

For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.

Proverbs 23:17,18 KJV

Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: "He jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us"?

James 4:4-5 NASB
in the dog house!
Site Admin

Post by in the dog house! »

Thank MUP. Reminds me of my favorite Psalm

1 (A Psalm of David.) Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.

2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.

13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.

15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.

16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.

17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.

18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.

19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

21 The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.

22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.

25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.

27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.

28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

32 The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.

33 The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.

34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

35 I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.

36 Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.

37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.

39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.

40 And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plan

Μολων λαβε

MUP

Post by MUP »

Chip, thanks brother, that really helped pick me up today buddy!

Scott, I think that worry is one of the things that weigh on us as men brother. I constantly find myself worrying about something, and sometimes it dawns on me pretty fast to turn it over to the Lord, other times I seem to forget and try to take a problem on myself. But when it does come to me to turn it over to Him, I just shake my head as to why it took me so long. I must have the shortest of short memories at times.
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Good stuff guys thank you for sharing it.
RutMan
6 Point

Post by RutMan »

As this day draws closer to an end, this is my wish for you all. NUMBERS 6:24 - 26
24 " The Lord bless you and keep you; 25 The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; 26 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace. " This has always been a favorite. A former Pastor used to end every Sunday morning service with this. If you get the chance, read his book " A Table In The Presence " by LT. Carey H. Cash .
Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Tapatalk 2
MUP

Post by MUP »

Thanks Bret! And the same for you brother. :)
RutMan
6 Point

Post by RutMan »

:smile:

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Tapatalk 2
MUP

Post by MUP »

He loves us!
He upholds the cause of the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry.

The LORD sets prisoners free,
the LORD gives sight to the blind,
the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down,
the LORD loves the righteous.

The LORD watches over the alien
and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

The LORD reigns forever,
your God, O Zion,
for all generations.
Praise the LORD.

Psalm 146:7-10 NIV

For as a young man marrieth a virgin,
so shall thy sons marry thee:
and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride,
so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

Isaiah 62:5 KJV

"I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me.

I will rejoice over them to do them good and will faithfully plant them in this land with all My heart and with all My soul."

Jeremiah 32:40,41 NASB
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Thank you for the devotional scriptures. I have read them every morning and must say I truly need them. Please continue to post them. You never know when someone needs them.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
in the dog house!
Site Admin

Thanks a bunch for taking your time to post these MUP. Many days the things you post help me through the day and remind me how blessed I am.

Μολων λαβε

MUP

Post by MUP »

I'm blessed as well fellers. :)
MUP

Post by MUP »

Do you belong to Him?
So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life - not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time

2 Timothy 1:8,9 NIV

However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Romans 8:9 NASB

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:17 KJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

God works for good
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,

Hebrews 10:23,24 NASB

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Cor. 1:9 KJV

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28 NIV
MUP

Post by MUP »

Confidence in The Faithful One
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,

Hebrews 10:23,24 NASB

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Cor. 1:9 KJV

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Romans 8:28-31 NIV
MUP

Post by MUP »

What is on your mind?
Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

Colossians 3:2-4 NASB

I have no one else like him, who takes a genuine interest in your welfare. For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2:20,21

Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

1 Peter 4:1,2
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Thanks MUP that's a good scripture to start the day.
in the dog house!
Site Admin

When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

Amen!!

Μολων λαβε

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

“I will praise the LORD at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.”
(Psalm 34:1, NLT)
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
MUP

Post by MUP »

God always leads us in triumph
But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing;

2 Corinthians 2:14,15 NASB

An altar of earth you shall make for Me, and you shall sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen. In every place where I record My name I will come to you, and I will bless you.

Exodus 20:24 NKJV

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom
and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
"Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?"

Romans 11:33,34 NIV
JW1
Button

Post by JW1 »

I love these. I check this thread every day. I know that there will be something in it for what I'm needing. Everyone that has posted a verse here is doing god's work by spreading his word. Thank you.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Love in action and with truth

If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

1 John 3:17,18 NIV

But my enemies are vigorous and strong, And many are those who hate me wrongfully.

And those who repay evil for good, They oppose me, because I follow what is good.

Do not forsake me, O LORD; O my God, do not be far from me!

Make haste to help me, O Lord, my salvation!

Psalm 38:19-22 NASB

The bloodthirsty hate the blameless, But the upright seek his well-being.

A fool vents all his feelings, But a wise man holds them back.

Proverbs 29:10,11 NKJV
MUP

Post by MUP »

I have to admit, that last verse from Proverbs just slapped me in the face fellers. I'm the worst about venting my issues it seems. I really learned something from this verse, gonna be tough not to vent so much I'm telling you.