Daily Words of Encouragement

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
rabbit

Daily Words of Encouragement

Post by rabbit »

When you think of poverty you think of being poor. That's not the only meaning. You can be the riches person in town and be poor. If you don't that the joy that only God can put in your heart, you are poor. People's wealth is different, we are all not equal on the poverty level. You may think you have nothing, but you have something. You woke up today, you have something, you went to work, you have something. Remember the lady in the old testament that lost her husband and told Elisah she was going to loose her sons because she had nothing to pay her debt. All she had was a little oil, and Elisah told her to gather all the jars she could find and start pouring. Then she had as much oil as she had jars. We are the same way, don't stop seeking God's blessings because you think you have nothing. You have something,
Happy Monday!
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
caretaker
10 Point

Re: Daily Words of Encouragement

Post by caretaker »

Thanks Bro. Rabbit. A lil bit of encouragement may just keep me and someone else from givin up. It is so easy to just wanna stop tryin. The age, aches, pain, stiffness of joints and then dealing with daily issues can have a negative effect on the mind and the will to get up
and keep going.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

Thanks for sharing brother , we get caught up in the treasures and cares of this world and neglect our heavenly calling . It's hard when your ailing or a loved one is ailing to give your time to the Lord but he's our savior and our deliverer . We put to much emphasis on this life which is temporal and not enough time on our spiritual life which is forever . God please forgive us and help us be in your will .
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Quit telling God what you don't have and start using what you do have. Use it and God can move mountains. We all get to a point in life when we feel sorry for ourselves, or get depressed or jealous of someone else because they seem to have it all together and we're falling apart. Remember, that is only the devil putting doubt in your mind. You have everything you need to succeed if you will only recognize it. With Christ Jesus in your life nothing is impossible. The bible is filled with impossibilities. You do have what it takes, the question is are you willing to use it. Talk with your Heavenly Father, ask for guidance, wisdom and strength.
Happy Tuesday!
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

How do you measure up? Do you look at what others have, where they live, how big their house is, what they drive, their job? The most successful person you see can be the most loneliest person. God measures your heart, He measures if you have Christ as your Lord and Savior, He measures the love you have for others. It doesn't matter what you have in life on the outside, He only cares what you have on the inside and how you use it. Something to think about today.
Happy Wednesday!
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

All we are supposed to do is plant the seed and God will water and nurture them. We plant seeds by our words and our actions. Keep in mind that we may be the only "God thing" a person sees that day. What kind of seeds are you planting?
Happy Thursday!
MUP

Post by MUP »

I really appreciate these devotional words of encouragement Jimmy!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Thanks Jimmy!
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Worrying is wasting energy on the things you can't control. Leave everything in God's hand. Think less, pray more. Allow yourself to receive the peace that only He can give you by turning all of your worries over to Him.
Happy Friday!
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

rabbit wrote:Worrying is wasting energy on the things you can't control. Leave everything in God's hand. Think less, pray more. Allow yourself to receive the peace that only He can give you by turning all of your worries over to Him.
Happy Friday!

This sir is the hardest thing I have ever attempted. I say ok God you take care of it. Then I pray and I get upset when God does not answer my prayers in the way I want. My #1 concern /prayer is that God will "Make" my daughter stop drugs and streighten up her life. Then he says be patient I am trying but she is willful and has freewill.
Ah the Blessing that was perverted into a curse.

M.T. Pockets
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Timing plays an important part in learning to trust God. If He did everything we asked for immediately, we would never grow and develop. We would be like spoiled children, getting everything we ask. The bible tells us that all things happen in His time, not ours, and not always how we want them.
Happy Saturday!
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

The devil's job is to steal from you, your joy, your peace, your health, your faith. Whatever the devil has stolen, God will restore if you will just turn to Him. Either here on earth or in Heaven, God will give you back what has been taken. Talk with Him today, it's the most important conversation you can have.
Happy Monday!
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

You will never hear what God has to say to you if you don't ever stop talking. You chose to live your life the way you want and when things are not going right, you ask God why is this happening or why me and you just complain about your circumstance. It's ole pitiful me, but if you will sincerely talk with your Heavenly Father, not at Him, then open your mind and your heart and genuinely listen to what He tells you, then things will start to change. Today, talk with Him, not at Him.
Happy Tuesday!
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Which table would you like to set at, the baby table or the big boy table? It's easy to thank God when you see what He is doing, you can see the blessing, and sit at the baby table. But can you thank God and trust Him for the things you can't see yet and sit at the big boy table? When you learn to trust Him no matter what and allow Him to work in His time and be thankful, then you can sit at the big table. If you are not there yet, today ask your Heavenly Father to show you, to help you get to the big table.
Happy Wednesday!
bowhunter5.901
10 Point

Post by bowhunter5.901 »

Thanks Jimmy for this. I'd like to add something if I may.

One of the things that I think most of us do is get so focused on our problems that we don't stop and just listen to that still small voice that is so needed at each moment in our lives. No matter what you are going through, even though we want to question and complain when we don't get an answer, stop. Stop questioning. Stop worrying. Stop and listen. I can assure you, there is absolutely nothing that God can't handle. He will never put more on you than you can take. If we can just stop and listen carefully, we will hear his calm voice giving us the answers we seek. They may not be what we want but rather what we need. Think of a small child. If you yell or get loud, the child gets more agitated. More belligerent. But if you want that child to hear you, whisper. That's how God speaks to us. He whispers. If we want to hear him we have to stop and listen quietly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

There are those who don't pray regularly, only when they or someone close is sick or dealing with some situation. If their prayer wasn't answered in the way they hoped, they will like God wasn't listening or ask why didn't you help me. Stop and think for a moment, God did answer your prayer, just maybe not the way you wanted. That person that was sick didn't get well, maybe God wanted that person home with Him, or you didn't get the job you asked for, maybe God had something better in store for you or wanted you to stay where you are for now. Just because you didn't get the answer that you wanted doesn't mean God didn't hear you and answer your prayer. God will always do things in His time and in His way. Keep that communication channel open with Him.
Happy Thursday!
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Whether you admit it or not, we all need help from time to time. We don't always ask for help, but Jesus is there waiting on you to turn to Him. He already knows what you are going through so why not let Him help you. He will not judge you but love you, comfort you. Will you turn to Him today?
Happy Friday!
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Today's words............I don't know if you have ever read what my #hashtag says, "Follow Me And I Will Bless You". That's what God told me a few years ago and ever since that is what I have tried to do, and YES, He has blessed me. In situations where I was in need or worried, He took care of me. The great news is that He will do that for you too. If you will humble yourself and follow Christ Jesus, He will bless you and take care of you. That my friends is a no-brainer.
Happy Saturday!
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Sweet Hour of Prayer that draws me away from a World of Care. Just a lil talk with Jesus. Just a lil walk with Jesus.
Setting aside time to pray,to talk with Jesus and God is a Daily Miracle.

M.T. Pockets
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Is your faith like fine china or like paper plates? Do you bring out your faith on special occasions like Easter and Christmas or do you use it everyday? I choose to live my life with paper plates, keeping my faith everyday, through all ups and downs. If you only bring out your faith on special occasions like fine china, it's just a matter of time until you're disappointed. Something to think about today.
Happy Monday!
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

"This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it" Really think about that for a moment, if we started our day rejoicing, how do you think your day will go? Most often we dread our day, it's going to be long, or it's going be a tough day, you have already set up how your day is going to be in your mind. If you will just change your perspective, I will rejoice and be glad, it will go so much better. When you change your perspective you are also changing your outcome.
Thank God today and be glad He has given you another day and be glad in it.
Happy Tuesday!
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

We don't begin to know what freedom is until we come to a place in our lives where we have no need to impress anybody. We don't begin to know what true peace is until we lay all of our troubles at the feet of Christ Jesus and not pick them back up and let Him handle things. He is waiting to give you that peace, so why not accept it?
Happy Wednesday!
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Do you ever feel like you are at the bottom, you are not loved, no one cares, well you are. You are a child of God who loves you more than anything. He can handle anything you can't. He started handling things from the manger then He finished things from the cross. Something so simple as turning everything over to Him is so hard to do, why is that? Because of the devil, inside of you playing tug-of-war with your soul, filling you full of doubt, anxiety, pity, trying to block you from the blessings of your Heavenly Father. You have the power to stop that battle if you will let Christ Jesus fight it for you. You can't do it by yourself, remember, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength". Will you allow Him to fight for you today?
Happy Thursday!
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands. And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me. And he went out, and followed him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision. When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him.
Acts 12:7‭-‬10 KJV

This to me along with many other scriptures explains to me that God will move but we have to put our first foot forward . Relate to were the angel tell Peter to rise gird thyself , could not the angel gird (cloth) Peter ? Sure the angel could but Peter in faith had to put his first foot forward . God will help but we have to do our part in trust . Thanks to all of you for sharing your words of encouragement , very much needed .
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

God can use you! Do you ever feel like you're not worthy or you are too big a mess for God to love or use you. Well, you're not, first He loves you no matter what and He can and will use you. The Bible is full of examples of God using the down trodden. Remember, no matter how difficult a situation is, if you listen and obey Him, you will end up being blessed.
Happy Friday!