I'll get the ball rolling

What Do You Guys Do
Luke_P
Site Admin

Re: I'll get the ball rolling

Post by Luke_P »

I have an associates of applied science in Computer Information Systems: Network Administration, with a focus in security.

I worked for 3 years as an IT tech at a small business, specialized in Microsoft Small Business server, maintaining domain controllers, exchange, hosted exchange, terminal server, electronic medical records, WMI based network monitoring, and virus/malware removal and prevention.

I was laid off and now I'm a "skilled laborer" Operator/Mechanic under Sig45, and actually find it quite enjoyable most times.

I like to think that I can learn and do most anything, and even surprise myself sometimes.

I've pretty much given up on a decent IT career here in West Tennessee, but I don't regret not moving away, and I'm thankful for what God has given me in life.
gatodoc
Button

Post by gatodoc »

I'm a veterinarian for the last 40 years. I've treated many different species over he years, but now limit my practice to small animals...
7mminatree
8 Point

Post by 7mminatree »

Retired digital engineer after 42 years. Hunt and fish when arthritis is bothering me, when it bothers me, I moan and groan and bitch a lot. Started selling knives and survival equipment on the side, PM if your needing something. In the far Northeast corner of the state
JonW
Button

Post by JonW »

I'm a battalion chief (FF/Paramedic) with a fire department on SW side of Houston (community's population about 100K). If anyone needs to hire me with comparable benefits, schedule, and OK-decent pay in west or middle TN after May I'm all in! :mrgreen:

This allows me to do fun stuff on the side as well-not having to rely on stuff for income. I've done truck farming, sod, insurance, other fire departments, and most recently decided to try my hand in taxidermy.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Welcome aboard Jon!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Welcome to the camp.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
The_Utility_Dude
Spike

Post by The_Utility_Dude »

I work for a small municipal utility ( Electric, Water, Waste Water) Newport Utilities in Newport, Tn. If you've ever been to NC on I-40 you passed through my county just before you entered North Carolina.

My job title is Metering Superintendent. I design, install, test and maintain all commercial/industrial metering installations as well as instrument rated residential meter installations. Test and program electric meters. Program, install and maintain proper operation of various types of solid state controls such as voltage regulators, re-closers, capacitor banks etc. Schedule and coordinate routine maintenance of various circuit protection/power quality devices such as voltage regulators, re-closers, oil switches etc. Troubleshoot and maintain viability of AMI system (smart meters). Collect and interpret power quality data provided by AMI & SCADA systems. Maintain/troubleshoot/repair traffic signalization for the City of Newport. Interact with commercial/industrial customers regarding power quality/metering issues.

If you have a question about your electric bill, I'm the guy that tells you you're wrong and we are right. :mrgreen:
I'm a little bit mean, but I make up for it by being real healthy.
Chris
Button

Post by Chris »

The Meter Man is a fine cook also :D

Me, I goof off in a Brown truck and deliver Amazon and QVC.
MUP

Post by MUP »

:D Glad to have you guys onboard! UD, can you answer questions about water line leaks? :mrgreen: I seem to have more than my share it seems.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
The_Utility_Dude
Spike

Post by The_Utility_Dude »

MUP wrote::D Glad to have you guys onboard! UD, can you answer questions about water line leaks? :mrgreen: I seem to have more than my share it seems.
Sorry MUP, I only work with 'lectricical. :mrgreen:
I'm a little bit mean, but I make up for it by being real healthy.
AllOutdoors
10 Point

Post by AllOutdoors »

MUP wrote::D Glad to have you guys onboard! UD, can you answer questions about water line leaks? :mrgreen: I seem to have more than my share it seems.
Dang mup. You still having leaks?
MUP

Post by MUP »

Had the small one a couple weeks ago, on THE coldest day of the year for the repair! As usual! Boggles my mind how that works with me, bc that's how I ended up with pneumonia last time. Christmas Eve, snowing, and I'm out with a pick and shovel digging and filling in my water line 3 times! It kept blowing pressure reducers.
bowhunter5.901
10 Point

Post by bowhunter5.901 »

I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents worth here.
I am an hvac mechanic. Have done so for about 27 years now. I grew up build hours with my dad. Don't do to much roofing lol, getting to old to slide off roof. I can do a little bit of everything from carpentry and trim to electrical and plumbing. Spent 15 years in the local UA as a service tech in commercial and industrial hvac. Can do some piping and moderate welding. Live in Tipton county of West TN.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Back Home
4 Point

Post by Back Home »

Parking & Transportation - Started 18 years ago.