Talk about PIZZED!

Huntaholic
10 Point

Talk about PIZZED!

Post by Huntaholic »

I ran some of my cams this morning on a place I haven't been on in 3 weeks. I had 4 cams out, one on corps and 3 on my lease. A buddy of mine that's on the lease killed the deer I was after 2 weeks ago so I hadn't been back since. Camera number 1 on corps was fine, had pics of a very promising 8 that I wont shoot, Camera 2, where my buddy killed the deer, was turned off with no card in it! He pulled the card after killing his deer for some stupid reason? He, along with another guy on the lease, got a severe ass chewing for that! I told them both, if youre going to pull a card you make damn sure you put a card back in, I don't care of you have to make a special trip to do it! Camera 3 didn't have a card in it at all! :evil: They didn't pull it so that means somebody on gov land trespassed and stole my damn card to keep from getting caught! Camera 4 didn't have a single pic on it, which is all but impossible to believe! All in all, I had a very depressing day checking cams.
JCodd
10 Point

Re: Talk about PIZZED!

Post by JCodd »

I know of several that have had cards stolen. I guess I’m lucky, I’ve not had anything messed with yet.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

JCodd wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:50 pm I know of several that have had cards stolen. I guess I’m lucky, I’ve not had anything messed with yet.
Yeah well Scott killed the deer and his winkie buddy Chris swiped my card and didn't replace it! THAT was the spot I had the most promise for too!
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Huntaholic wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:55 pm
JCodd wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:50 pm I know of several that have had cards stolen. I guess I’m lucky, I’ve not had anything messed with yet.
Yeah well Scott killed the deer and his winkie buddy Chris swiped my card and didn't replace it! THAT was the spot I had the most promise for too!
I don’t know why you wouldn’t replace the card anyway. I hate for my cameras being down.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

JCodd wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:01 pm
I don’t know why you wouldn’t replace the card anyway. I hate for my cameras being down.
EXACTLY! :A
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Huntaholic wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:02 pm
I’m sure I’ll hear about it tomorrow. Scott will just laugh.
Planking
6 Point

Post by Planking »

I inherited a place im trying to take back from the locals. I just discovered my second stolen camera, but this one was the bait. They took it hook line and sinker.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

JCodd wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:06 pm
Huntaholic wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:02 pm
I’m sure I’ll hear about it tomorrow. Scott will just laugh.
He may laugh, but his buttbuddy is treading on thin ice. I don't HAVE to have him on that lease, hes only there because Scott asked me to let him in. I don't care if they all drop out.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Planking wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:11 pm I inherited a place im trying to take back from the locals. I just discovered my second stolen camera, but this one was the bait. They took it hook line and sinker.
I know what you mean. I was running TWO cameras on that spot but I took one down the last time I ran it. I wish I had left it up now. My next cameras will be cell cams!
MUP

Post by MUP »

What I don't understand, and what would bring the most SEVERE butt chewing, would be why anyone would even mess with MY camera to start with? If you have some sort of shared agreement then that's one thing, and you could expect someone to drop the ball on their part, but no one should mess with my tcams period.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

You could always get our Mennonite man on there lol. He won’t mess with anything but the deer lol
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

MUP wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:15 pm What I don't understand, and what would bring the most SEVERE butt chewing, would be why anyone would even mess with MY camera to start with? If you have some sort of shared agreement then that's one thing, and you could expect someone to drop the ball on their part, but no one should mess with my tcams period.
I agree. Scott is the longest hunting buddy Ive got. Hes done more work on that lease than anybody else except me. Chris, well hes just there because Scott asked me to let him in. For the last few years Scott hunts with Chris a lot more than he does with me and that's fine. I NEVER touched their cameras until they started running mine. After that, I check them all when I go but I ALWAYS have cards to put back in them. As far as the stand locations go, I picked every single spot to put one. Some are mine, some are my sons, some are Scotts and some are Chris's. SO I don't really "claim" spots, since I picked them all. They are free to hunt wherever they choose. I TRY to be a good guy, honestly I do! Last year I was hunting a spot that they didn't know about, or so I thought. I go to my stand and find bow hangers screwed in the tree! Come to find out, Chris had tracked me down by the path I had cleaned out to the stand and put hangers in it while he was there. Then this year, he pulls my cards and doesn't replace them? Yeah, the ice is getting really thin!
Tngrizzly_

Post by Tngrizzly_ »

Tell Scott to do something about Chris or you will kick him out.
GOD, Family, and the Great Outdoors. What more can a Man Want
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

I understand Dad, but calm down before you blow a gasket. Count to 10 before you do something they will regret.