What's up from the bench today?

Place to share - learn - ask information about reloading
MUP

What's up from the bench today?

Post by MUP »

I finally got out to the garage today, too dang sore to do much else 😩, and decided to load up some 153 gr ATips over some Staball 6.5 that I had loaded up last year and it had shown promise. Hoping it'll still be in the ballpark so I can bring it in and tweak it to a good shooting load.
Attachments
IMG_20220326_174202678_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20220326_174202678_HDR~2.jpg (161.19 KiB) Viewed 388 times
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Wiley
10 Point

Re: What's up from the bench today?

Post by Wiley »

Git'er done!

Tomorrow is my day to load some .223 cases with 69gr SMK over 23 gr of WC844. If the wind will cooperate I'll try these at 200 yards in my son's rifle. If not I'll have them ready for the next windless evening after work. I have 2 weeks to get this done before his birthday and the upcoming week's weather forecast shows a couple of promising days.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Yes sir! Some decent days ahead looks like, albeit hot! 😩
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Loaded up some more 153 gr ATips for the 6.5 CM yesterday. Same load as last time out, same seating depth for 10 rounds, and .003" closer in for 10 more rounds. Just trying to see if I'm missing anything between the two OALs that produced the best groups. Now for some dry weather. 🙄
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Saturday looks good to unload a few if you’re not chasing water eggs!
MUP

Post by MUP »

I'm going to try to get out some Friday. I've got some CCI green label .22 ammo to try in the CZ as well. 😏