Aging Deer in the field!!

beekeeper
Button

Aging Deer in the field!!

Post by beekeeper »

Have you ever had a presentation rained out????
The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.
Benjamin Franklin

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Diehard
10 Point

Re: Aging Deer in the field!!

Post by Diehard »

Maybe someone was trying to tell me something!
Suck it up.....buttercup!
Diehard
10 Point

Post by Diehard »

Inquiring minds want to know what happened.

Yesterday, we had a club meeting and cookout. As part of that, the officers asked me to give a short presentation on how to collect data from deer we kill, pulling jaws, weights, fetal measurements, etc. beekeeper also asked me to talk a little about aging deer in the field. I had everything I needed including two euro mounts. One is a decent 8 point that was 2.5 years old and one is a 4 point that was 4.5 years old. I have hand outs, a white board, you name it. Everything is laid out and I start speaking. About that time, the bottom dropped out of the sky! We got soaked. My handouts, mounts, everything. I gave up. Maybe some other time.
Suck it up.....buttercup!
Bucky

Post by Bucky »

:lol: :lol:
Creeping Death

Post by Creeping Death »

That is a presentation I would really like to see. I have no idea how to age deer.....dead or alive.
in the dog house!
Site Admin

Post by in the dog house! »

A little research and some practice and it's not that hard. Well not hard to tell a 2 year old from a 4 year old. The 4 to 5 and up get a little harder, but 2 to 5 are easy to tell apart. The biggest thing is forget antlers when aging. That's what misleads more people than anything when it comes to aging deer.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plan

Μολων λαβε