Nikon Scope

Smokeless Powder Only
mike243
10 Point

Nikon Scope

Post by mike243 »

put my new scope on that they sent me and got it zeroed roughly , range was crowded and waiting 10-15 minutes between shots could make folks mad. I only shot 2 times at the 225y board and at 2 different targets so I could tell what hit where. 1 o'clock and 4" high. 1" between holes .I have it sighted about dead on at 100y on the x hairs and the first circle is what I used for 225y. I'm am tickled with the 250SST but surprised that it was shooting that good. the bullet went down 1 handed. I will go early and take my chronograph and ck speed next time. I want to shoots some 200g and 250g XTP's but the 200g will have to be reduced powder and or knurled as i tried 2 last year and it blowed the sabot and had 800fps or so. Seen Kyles gun from dougs message board, wow is all I can say. he seems like a great guy and offered a lot of info to some guys about smokeless and blackhorn powder. The rate for the range is supposed to go to $50 this year. I hope that weeds out the pecker heads that have shot up the porta potty :evil:
caretaker
10 Point

Re: Nikon Scope

Post by caretaker »

I have seen a few peckerheads at the range that actually scared me. Shooting simi-auto and spraying every where except at the target. Glad I wasn`t in the potty when they shot it.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

Mike, if the 250 sst shoots that well for you I would stick with it. Note: The bonded 250 shockwave shoots to the same poi but is bonded and will stay together better at short range. They sell them at walmart during season. I practice with the sst and hunt with the shockwave.

Glad to hear the range is going up. Maybe they will take bettet care of the back boards.
I have ran into.some crazies up there but Bill and I now go on weekday mornings and usually have the place to ourselves
Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

I had some shockwaves I wanted to shoot but the heat started up and it got crowded quick. i would go next wed but 6 days set and the only time i get off thru the week is when i work a sat normally. I wasn't expecting 2 shots that close together with this scope using the circles so I see a lot of promise,wish we had some more distance there to shoot
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

If your shockwaves have a yellow tip then they are exactly 250 sst's. The bonded 250 shockwaves have a blue tip and are the ones to hunt with.
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

I dont remember which I have but will pu some of the bonded, greg shot a deer with the none bonded and it didnt expand and he found it in the rear ham, the shot was into the front of the deer. coarse that was with a sub powder and N110 has a little more punch lol
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

I shot the bonded shockwaves this past ML season in my H&R conversion sabotless at 2700 fps. Three kills at 40 to 75 yards all expanded very well, in fact they began coming apart with Two shoulder shots and a boiler room shot. One other shot was 100 to 150 yards head on. The deer lowered its' head as I pulled the trigger. The shot entered below the right eye and exited the ear. Did not recover the bullet. They do a good job.
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

Im hoping to find a HR to convert, so many toys and so little $ :lol:
ImThere
10 Point

Post by ImThere »

mike243 wrote:Im hoping to find a HR to convert, so many toys and so little $ Image
Yes sir
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

It is a very good choice. If I were forced to sell all of my ML's and keep 1, it would be the H&R. Ready to hunt, the gun weighs 8.5 pounds but you wouldn't know it. The receiver is narrow and fits perfectly in your hand while balancing out pretty well. It truly is a dream to carry. IMO

Also, most of them will shoot a 250 sst sabotless from pack to bore without sizing.
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

I like the part about not having to size,Its not that I couldn't but then that's another toy (reloading press) that I would need and then id want to shoot more and reload all :lol: ,I was at a customers house recently and he had 4-5 presses with auto powder throwers set up,I reckon he dont like to change set ups multiple times