B P M

caretaker
10 Point

B P M

Post by caretaker »

Black Powder Matters!
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
MUP

Re: B P M

Post by MUP »

Heck yea it does! Smoke'em if ye got'em! :D
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
7mminatree
8 Point

Post by 7mminatree »

Have you guys ever tried making your own BP? Made some several years ago, it ignited decent in a .45 long rifle I had, but was pretty inconsistent velocity wise. Was thinking about trying to do some and refine it alittle better.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

7mminatree wrote:Have you guys ever tried making your own BP? Made some several years ago, it ignited decent in a .45 long rifle I had, but was pretty inconsistent velocity wise. Was thinking about trying to do some and refine it alittle better.
nope haven`t tried that. Most of my neighbors think I am a couple grains shy of a full shot load any way. The ones on the side of us move out a couple of years ago and the house is still empty. I still wonder who started the rumor that it was a former meth lab? The house across the street has been empty for at least a year. if I was to take to the patio a loadin bullets and makin my own blackpowder the cops would be over here a couple times a day.

M.T. Pockets
MUP

Post by MUP »

Haven't tried making powder, yet, but I have machined my own custom bullet mold. I killed my first buck with my hand cast boolits in 2009 iirc. It's a good feeling to cast your own and have success in the field with them. I believe it would be even better using handmade powder with the hand cast boolits. ;)
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Phil1979
10 Point

Post by Phil1979 »

:lol:
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

well with the Smoke pole season aproachin and gettin em cleaned up and zeroed in what ya gonna be a totin into the woods ta smoke the deer with.

I`m gonna be usin my lil ol CVA wolf with an old Wally World Tasco scope. Gonna stay with the tried an true XTP sabots and 90 grains of pyrodex. Hey, if it works don`t mess it up.

M.T. Pockets