Potatoes

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Potatoes

Post by WG Taxidermist »

I seen on the internet somewhere the other day where a guy took a piece of fencing and made a cage with it and packed hay and dirt in layers planting potatoes as he went. Have any of yall done this. I was just curious if it worked/
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
caretaker
10 Point

Re: Potatoes

Post by caretaker »

My Dad talked about it and said he wanted to try it but then he got distracted , remarried and moved and as far as I know never tried it.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

caretaker wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:03 pm My Dad talked about it and said he wanted to try it but then he got distracted , remarried and moved and as far as I know never tried it.
That would tend to distract a man!
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Huntaholic wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:47 pm
caretaker wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:03 pm My Dad talked about it and said he wanted to try it but then he got distracted , remarried and moved and as far as I know never tried it.
Yea I can see that. Lol!
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

My dad always told me... one morning a man wakes up and he is struck dumb. The next thing he knows he is married.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
owlcreek
10 Point

Post by owlcreek »

Plant potatoes in barrels as the plants come up keep covering them leaving just a little tops put of dirt. When your barrels full let the potatoes blum and dump the barrel. All your potatoes in a nice pile.
MUP

Post by MUP »

owlcreek wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:46 pm Plant potatoes in barrels as the plants come up keep covering them leaving just a little tops put of dirt. When your barrels full let the potatoes blum and dump the barrel. All your potatoes in a nice pile.
So you end up with a barrel of taters? I may have to try this!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
owlcreek
10 Point

Post by owlcreek »

MUP wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:49 am
owlcreek wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:46 pm Plant potatoes in barrels as the plants come up keep covering them leaving just a little tops put of dirt. When your barrels full let the potatoes blum and dump the barrel. All your potatoes in a nice pile.
So you end up with a barrel of taters? I may have to try this!
Yeah my wife loves the purple potatoes, we do a couple of barrels each year.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Huntaholic wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:47 pm

Guys , My mother passed away in 2015 after being married to Dad for 64 years. Weyal, the old bidies up at the Historical Museum in Maynardville waited what they thought was a proper greiving time and fixed Dad up with his old high school sweetheart. Weyal they tied the knot. Him age 89 and her 87. They had about 4 years or so together. Dad passed away March 15 ,2021 at the age of 93.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets