Who's Ready?

Who's getting after them?
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Who's Ready?

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Who all is ready for turkey season to get here? I can't wait myself! Since I know the new land has turkey on it I hoping it'll increase my odds this year. No guarantees though because I know they are smarter than me. Lol!
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Huntaholic
10 Point

Re: Who's Ready?

Post by Huntaholic »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:39 am Who all is ready for turkey season to get here? I can't wait myself! Since I know the new land has turkey on it I hoping it'll increase my odds this year. No guarantees though because I know they are smarter than me. Lol!
They aren't smarter than you, its just that EVERYTHING in the woods loves to eat wild turkey!
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Huntaholic wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:07 pm
WG Taxidermist wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:39 am Who all is ready for turkey season to get here? I can't wait myself! Since I know the new land has turkey on it I hoping it'll increase my odds this year. No guarantees though because I know they are smarter than me. Lol!
They aren't smarter than you, its just that EVERYTHING in the woods loves to eat wild turkey!
Including me! I just can't kill enough of them. Lol!
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Rob R.
8 Point

Post by Rob R. »

Testing for Jethro!😁😁
"Take me hunting daddy!"
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Just picked up my 28g tss loads a buddy loaded for me. Im ready
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

I hope to be ready. Unfortunately I am hobbled up. Waiting on a neurologist or somebody to figure out why legs went numb.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Weyal, I rekun you could try this and see if it helps
Screenshot_20200404-085658(1).png
Screenshot_20200404-085658(1).png (880.14 KiB) Viewed 452 times
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
timberjack86
6 Point

Post by timberjack86 »

I was born ready!! If I could hunt gobbling turkeys during November I'd never deer hunt!!
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

timberjack86 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:57 am I was born ready!! If I could hunt gobbling turkeys during November I'd never deer hunt!!
Now I don't know that I'm that ready. Lol! I enjoy both but if I had to pick it would be deer hunting for me.

Theodore Roosevelt
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:00 am
timberjack86 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:57 am I was born ready!! If I could hunt gobbling turkeys during November I'd never deer hunt!!
Now I don't know that I'm that ready. Lol! I enjoy both but if I had to pick it would be deer hunting for me.
Know how I know you've never been on a REAL turkey hunt? Your post is how! NOTHING gets me as excited as hearing that first gobbling bird in the morning. You go out there climb up in your treestand and you don't know for sure if the deer youre after is anywhere within 10 miles of you that morning. When I hear that first bird gobble, I know for damn sure what Im after is RIGHT THERE! Don't get me wrong, I love to kill big deer as much as anybody, but theres just something about turkey hunting that gets in your blood.
bullet
Spike

Post by bullet »

Huntaholic wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:41 pm
Know how I know you've never been on a REAL turkey hunt? Your post is how! NOTHING gets me as excited as hearing that first gobbling bird in the morning. You go out there climb up in your treestand and you don't know for sure if the deer youre after is anywhere within 10 miles of you that morning. When I hear that first bird gobble, I know for damn sure what Im after is RIGHT THERE! Don't get me wrong, I love to kill big deer as much as anybody, but theres just something about turkey hunting that gets in your blood.
[/quote. For sure!
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

I’ve heard a million gobbles and if I never heard another it would be just fine lol. Much rather be toting a rifle waiting on a deer
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

JCodd wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:47 am
I’ve heard a million gobbles and if I never heard another it would be just fine lol. Much rather be toting a rifle waiting on a deer
Youre an opinionated little cuss, I will give you that! .happy. DO you take lessons from Craig? .rolling.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Huntaholic wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:49 am
JCodd wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:47 am
Youre an opinionated little cuss, I will give you that! .happy. DO you take lessons from Craig? .rolling.
He’s taught me half I know lol. If he was any bigger….. lol.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

I am ready! :D
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy