Question for the bearded crowd

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Wiley
10 Point

Question for the bearded crowd

Post by Wiley »

What beard oil or other 'dressing' do those of you that keep a long beard use? My son has just started using Big Bourbon in the Oak Barrell scent. I tried it and it's OK but wanted to see if there is one that's universally liked.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
Shane37110
10 Point

Re: Question for the bearded crowd

Post by Shane37110 »

I've got some Burt's Bees stuff I like.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Wiley wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:28 pm What beard oil or other 'dressing' do those of you that keep a long beard use? My son has just started using Big Bourbon in the Oak Barrell scent. I tried it and it's OK but wanted to see if there is one that's universally liked.
Ok, I dont have a beard, nor have I ever had one. Serious question....Do you really have to oil them? What does that do?
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

Jethro wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:48 pm
Wiley wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:28 pm What beard oil or other 'dressing' do those of you that keep a long beard use? My son has just started using Big Bourbon in the Oak Barrell scent. I tried it and it's OK but wanted to see if there is one that's universally liked.
Ok, I dont have a beard, nor have I ever had one. Serious question....Do you really have to oil them? What does that do?
Any long hair requires some conditioner or it will become brittle, dull looking and not cooperate with a comb or brush.

I think MUP mentioned this when talking about his legs on here .rolling.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Wiley wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:55 pm
Any long hair requires some conditioner or it will become brittle, dull looking and not cooperate with a comb or brush.

.rolling. .rolling.
I thought mup shaved his legs.... 😂
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Jethro wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:58 pm
Wiley wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:55 pm

.rolling. .rolling.
I thought mup shaved his legs.... 😂
Oh my.............. .rolling. .rolling.
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Okay on a serious note not to highjack the thread, my goatee will not grow over 3 inches. I've tried hair vitamins to no avail and trimming the ends hasn't helped either. Will the beard oil stuff help with growth?
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

rabbit wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:09 am Okay on a serious note not to highjack the thread, my goatee will not grow over 3 inches. I've tried hair vitamins to no avail and trimming the ends hasn't helped either. Will the beard oil stuff help with growth?
I don't know about any thing that promotes growth. I've had short goatees several different times over the years but I'm now over a year of not shaving and have brilliant white whiskers between 7 and 8 inches long. Haven't cut my white hair either. I'm jokingly calling it my Dusty Hill ongoing/ongrowing tribute project :D
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

No beard here, but I do sport a moderately impressive moustache. Mine gets treated with whatever oil or piece of equipment I happen to be working on or running on any given day. Hydraulic oil, diesel, used engine oil, tree sap, etc.. have all been in my face at one time or another. So tell me, what do yall treat your manbun hairstyle with to keep it looking so pristine and well kept?????????
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Huntaholic wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:56 am No beard here, but I do sport a moderately impressive moustache. Mine gets treated with whatever oil or piece of equipment I happen to be working on or running on any given day. Hydraulic oil, diesel, used engine oil, tree sap, etc.. have all been in my face at one time or another. So tell me, what do yall treat your manbun hairstyle with to keep it looking so pristine and well kept?????????
Probably that hair gel that dude used on "There's Something About Mary".... 😂 😂 😂
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Huntaholic wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:56 am So tell me, what do yall treat your manbun hairstyle with to keep it looking so pristine and well kept?????????
.rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Didn't any of y'all watch "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"
Screenshot_20220506-162517__01.jpg
Screenshot_20220506-162517__01.jpg (91.44 KiB) Viewed 244 times
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

Huntaholic wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:56 am So tell me, what do yall treat your manbun hairstyle with to keep it looking so pristine and well kept?????????
I've been expecting this .rolling.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

caretaker wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:29 pm Didn't any of y'all watch "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"

Screenshot_20220506-162517__01.jpg
We aint got dapper dan, we got FLOP. I DONT WANT FLOP, I WANT DAPPER DAN! We can order it, take 2 weeks. Well aint this place a geographical oddity, its 2 damn weeks from anywhere!
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Post by Tennessee Lead »

When I let mine grow out in the winter months I haven’t used anything other than whatever condiments are on my food and/or ambeer.
"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be" - Fred Bear
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

This is what I use and it works pretty well.
20220509_090707.jpg
20220509_090707.jpg (121.07 KiB) Viewed 221 times
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt