It's HOT!

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
MUP

It's HOT!

Post by MUP »

At 10 I went out and weedeated the place and then fired up the push mower and cut the dog lot, about a 50'x60' area. I liked to have passed out it was so hot! Took a few min to cool down afterwards too. I took off WORK to get some things taken care of around the house and insurance adjuster will be calling so I can argue with her over the payoff for the wife's car that was totalled. Truck is in the garage and the transmission is being swapped out with another one, and I got the van fixed Monday by having the driver's side wheel bearing replaced. Been one of those weeks...again.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
in the dog house!
Site Admin

Re: It's HOT!

Post by in the dog house! »

Your not kidding!! I of course have been working in it. This week I've been going in at day light and leave by 1 or 2

Just can't take like I use to. Getting old and concrete work is catching up to me.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plan

Μολων λαβε

BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Sorry to hear about your week MUP.

Got out early this morning with my brother (who is visiting from New Mexico) and we power-hike 7.5 miles of steep trails at Percy Warner Park.
"Know where you stand and stand there" Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

Weeks almost over MUP, hang in there.
It is Hot, I bush hogged and did a few things before I went to office today. I got done at 10:30 and when I came
in I thought I was gonna pass out. Took me a while to stop sweating and get body temp regulated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
Inkstainz
8 Point

Post by Inkstainz »

Was hot on that roof today as well. Was definitely a rough one. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MUP

Post by MUP »

And to top it off the ins adjuster never called within the hour window I had asked her to call , heck she didn't call at all. I may be thinking this wrong, but am I not a customer of the ins Co? Should I not expect them to work with me on my schedule? I just can't wait for the call all stinking day wo continuing to do the things I need to do. And when I'm working outside I do not carry a phone bc it's usually something I need to get done and choose not to be interrupted till I finish, or at least take a break, when I will check for texts/calls at that time. Thing is, when they DO call, and I miss the call, I can't call them right back bc the call goes to voicemail, and the wait starts all over again.

Rant not off, more to come likely. :D
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

you guys that have to be out working in the heat please slow down, take a extra minute or two. Stay hydrated. I try to alternate between water and gatoraide / poweraide. Replenish.

You guys that want to do a full field pack force march at double time. Please be careful.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

MUP wrote:And to top it off the ins adjuster never called within the hour window I had asked her to call , heck she didn't call at all. I may be thinking this wrong, but am I not a customer of the ins Co? Should I not expect them to work with me on my schedule? I just can't wait for the call all stinking day wo continuing to do the things I need to do. And when I'm working outside I do not carry a phone bc it's usually something I need to get done and choose not to be interrupted till I finish, or at least take a break, when I will check for texts/calls at that time. Thing is, when they DO call, and I miss the call, I can't call them right back bc the call goes to voicemail, and the wait starts all over again.

Rant not off, more to come likely. :D

Mup, they have a sixth sense. All call back people have it. They wait until you are taking your daily consitutional to call back.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

Caretaker is spot on with those two posts. Stay hydrated and don't over do it. And the best way to get someone to call you is to start eating a meal or go to the bathroom. They will call as soon as you do either
bowhunter5.901
10 Point

Post by bowhunter5.901 »

Sorry about the week brother. Drink lots and lots of aqua. It's way to get dehydrated in this heat. Good luck with the ins. adjuster. I really hate dealing with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk