GPS System

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
caretaker
10 Point

GPS System

Post by caretaker »

I may be almost thinking about possibly buying a GPS system. Now my problem. I have only used one a time or two. They belonged to other people and I did not touch them. I just followed the yellow brick road. Now do I want a vehicle model or a hand held model? Will a hand held model work in a vehicle? will a hand held work in a boat. Can I mark location on a lake in a hand held? Main question is which one am I lesss like to toss?
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
sdw
10 Point

Re: GPS System

Post by sdw »

If your primary need is for driving directions, then I would get one for a vehicle. If you have a smartphone, you can use it for a gps using google maps or other maps. If you use your phone, it will use data.
caretaker
10 Point

Re: GPS System

Post by caretaker »

Hooked up with Mike243 and we went and used my Bass Pro gift cards and got me onna them " etrex 10 " gps gizmos from Garmin. Now I gotta do is larn how to use this thing that`s smarter than me. The only draw back I can see wiff this daym thing is I could toss it like a baseball. As stated by sdw I can use my phone for driving instructions. I have unlimited data and have listened to that swwet lil thing get me lost a few times before. I wanted something I could make markers and trails with. Something I could take off road and get back to a place in the dark that I marked on the gps system in dayligt. Plus I am gonna fix up the old boat an do a lil fishing.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets