Team Button Busters

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
MUP

Re: Team Button Busters

Post by MUP »

LOL 130yds
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

That’s a fine buck Deerbuster.
MUP

Post by MUP »

12/14 morning hunt. Saw a dandy chasing a doe this morning, right at 200 yds , and just didn't have a chance to get a shot. I barely got the scope on him as he disappeared, but saw two long tines up and a big curve to that beam.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

12/14 evening hunt. DSS(Didn't See Squat) :D
MUP

Post by MUP »

And I was soaked on the morning hunt too. No rain showing on the radar, but mysteriously ended up falling on me. :/
MUP

Post by MUP »

12/18 evening hunt. Saw my 4 does again, but that buck wasn't anywhere around that I could see.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Hunt 20, but I’m missing a couple pictures. Hours? Who knows lol. Me and the mini. Christmas Eve morning. Image had a deer came in early and no shot presented. Maybe an hour later we had a doe, a buck and an unknown in front of us. Big went thru pretty quick. Buck was wanting too and I got him to stop. No shot. And he started walking. Finally just hollered hey! and he stopped. BOOM! Deer kinda humped up and ran off. She wasn’t so sure on the shot so we chilled a few minutes. Finally gathered our stuff and headed up the hill. Found a huge pile of white hair. And a little pinch headed into the thick stuff. Definitely wasn’t feeling good about it at this point. We made our way down their trail and crossed the fence. Headed around the hill and down towards a creek. At this point we shoulda found the deer. Finally Riley spots blood. We’re a good 75-100 yards from the shot to first found blood. Finally found enough to really track and followed it way too far. To make a long story short we did not find the deer. Couple things threw some red flags for me. White hair. We’ve all seen some white hair. This was different. This was just like a big fist full of hair in a pile, not a big bunch of loose knocked off a deer. Following the blood trail I noticed I never found blood up on any trees. Everything was straight down. No beds. I won’t say the deer didn’t stop but he never bedded down. This struck me as a sign he’s not hurting bad. Best I can figure is we were set for a long shot. We have 2 main crossings. One at 160 yards and another in 100 yard range. Shooting with a rest and bags she was extremely low for the close shot. She shoulda took a sandbag out looking back but these deer weren’t sticking around. Someone with lots of experience coulda made it happen. Putting it in the hands of an 11 year old and it all changes. So with that I’m guessing she grazed belly, hence the white hair and a single blood trail straight down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MUP

Post by MUP »

I've been there before too, be sure to tell her that it's happened to most of us before as well. Sure sorry she didn't get to recover her first buck buddy.
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Man that’s a great buck deerbuster.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Had the opportunity to take a youth on a hunt in ky. Didn’t get a selfie but we did get a kill. 12-28-19 Image

JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Image MUP with a nice one. I’ll let him post the story, because I don’t have it lol. Good job buddy!

MUP

Post by MUP »

12/28 afternoon hunt. Went in with the intensions of putting up a new stand, mostly for next season, but got it up and came back out to the truck and had to strip down and change clothes bc I was soaking wet with sweat. Anyway, got some fresh clothes on( I had planned to change btw, figured I would be sweaty) and went back in and climbed up in the new locon setup at 1 o'clock. Dead as a hammer, until about 3:30, when I saw a deer up behind me at about 100 yds. Quickly got on it and didn't see any horns, but immediately saw another one coming up behind , and this one definitely had horns! Watched it for a few seconds and decided I wasn't going to take a chance on it running or something crazy happening, so I decided to shoot thru the narrow gap he was standing in, perfect shoulder shot, he dropped where he stood. Watched him in the scope for a few minutes, then got down and went to him. I first saw his neck scarred up and thought I had hit him off target somehow, but then on closer inspection found the scars were slightly scabbed over, and were, IMO, the work of my neighbor who has tried to spotlight him. Straight shot by his neck and across his back. I mean, I guess someone could have tried a legitimate straight on shot, but I really doubt it. I think this is the buck that I saw last Saturday. He's probably the heaviest antlered buck I've ever shot, and the latest by far in the season. I'm done, as I've never hunted so hard thru a season in my later years as I have this year, but at least it did pay off, finally. :)
ImageImage
MUP

Post by MUP »

Rough scored him at the processor at 132".
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

You hung in there and it paid off. Much like my neighbor who shot my target buck on Christmas. Like you, I’m done.

Deerbuster
10 Point

Post by Deerbuster »

Congrats mup

GO LSU
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Fine buck MUP. Congrats you earned that one.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Thanks guys, I do feel I worked a little extra hard for this one. :)
MUP

Post by MUP »

Last hunt of the season for me, 1-1-2020 Didn't see a thing, but enjoyed a final hunt with the pressure being off, finally. :)